Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leo Ulloa - what is he CURRENTLY up to?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was this thread started with the op tapping his nose knowingly or just as a random question?
I was hoping it was an embargoed HB&B being unable to keep quiet, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore...

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the rumour that he is finalising a loan deal at the Amex right now are not true then.
I thought it was BS

Well that depends where the SAUCE came from...?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Ranieri would probably want to hold onto Ulloa this season. Having culled Nugent, Chris Wood and Taylor-Fletcher he now has 4 decent strikers in Vardy, Okazaki, Kramaric and Ulloa.

The player is on a 4-year contract, so 3 seasons still to go. It's difficult to conceive he'll get a better deal elsewhere, but if Glenn Murray can remain in the Prem it is more than likely Ulloa will do so too, especially on the back of his 11-goal Prem season in 2014/15.

That said, Kramaric is 24, Ulloa is 29 and Leicester have this lad Dodoo who scored a hat-trick on his debut. If Leo turns out to be 4th or even 5th choice striker and doesn't get game-time then a loan might be an attractive option for the player. He was Leicester's record signing but Pearson has gone now and Vardy / Okazaki are the first-choice pairing under Ranieri. It could quite conceivably turn into a Darren Bent situation, where a lack of first-team opportunities resulted in loans, which then resulted in a permanent move to the Championship contender, in his case Derby..

I think the timing for us is wrong. We need a striker now; in the second half of the season Harper and / or Hambo might be ready.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It would suit everyone if he did. Game time for Leo, back to a club he knows and is liked at, and absolutely no threat to Leicester as we play in a different division.

Yep - not suprised they rejected loans from other prem clubs.. Who knows...?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Surely his deal was £8m rising to £10m. I guess the additional £2m was for games played but must have also covered a sell on fee?

How could a fixed figure cover a potential sell-on fee, when that sell-on fee is completely open-ended?

The £2m was made up of (according to El Presidente on here):-

£500k for making 20 appearances (criteria met)
£1m for Leicester staying up last season (criteria met)
£500k for Leicester staying up this season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How could a fixed figure cover a potential sell-on fee, when that sell-on fee is completely open-ended?

The £2m was made up of (according to El Presidente on here):-

£500k for making 20 appearances (criteria met)
£1m for Leicester staying up last season (criteria met)
£500k for Leicester staying up this season

I'd be surprised if there was any sell-on fee negotiated for a 28 year-old signing a 4 year contract. Normally, that's for promising kids, not players leaving aged 30 plus.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Read post #150.

15% of £3 million in a year's time - big deal. Either way, it's not going to give us the £1.5mill we've got from the add-ons of last year's sale.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Ed Aarons ‏@ed_aarons 3h3 hours ago Lewisham, London
West Brom, Palace and Norwich tried to take Leonardo Ulloa on loan but Leicester only wanted to sell

poor old leo!

We should've had a whip round.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's get Leo back on a 93 day loan in October, after the 2nd international break, and convert it to a full season loan in the January window :rock:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here