Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Murray to Bournemouth?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are B'muff obsessed with ex-Brighton? They've added Murray to Elphick and Cook, now they're going for our former loanees. They've got Bennett now too..........

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If SE25 is so great, why did he and his family choose to carry on living in Brighton?

Palace fans. If our experience is anything to go by, he likes you so much that, when he cheats to win a penalty against you for Bournemouth, he won't celebrate the resulting goal.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Best of luck ffs , thanks for getting us up ,and keeping us up £4 million is a good deal for a free transfer

I do have to say that £4 mill is a great bit of business for a 31 year old striker, but I do think Palace may regret letting him go. I think if they are banking on Wickham getting the goals, then you will be in deep trouble with a player who's highest season's goal tally in the league is 9 in the Championship and 5 in the Premier.
Murray scored 44 goals in his last full 4 seasons with Palace against Wickhams 20 goals for the same period.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The bit on the Guardian website that I dislike is:

"If Palace succeed in trimming their squad, they could yet formalise their interest in the Leicester forward, Leonardo Ulloa, who would cost up to £7m."

I know this won't be a popular point of view, but one day I really REALLY hope Palace spend a lot of money on a much needed former-Albion hero, and he turns out to be complete and utter gash for them. Sort of a playing version of Alan Mullery, if you will.

Now if Leicester could just squeeze a bit more money out of Palace, part of me would love to see their other strikers get injured and consequently have to rely on Ulloa - I have an inkling he'd somehow massively underperform for them, which would be absolutely superb. SUPERB.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Absolutely gutted. He's been our best striker by a country mile for the last four years. There is no way we should have let go someone who scored a goal every three matches in the Prem.

And he is a cert to score against us on Boxing Day.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Gutted to see Glenn go but it makes sense for all three parties involved.

Palace get £4m (and another £1m if Bournemouth stay up) That would have more than covered Glenn's wages and signing on fee in his time at Selhurst.

Bournemouth get a striker with some premiership experience.

Glenn gets a three year deal on improved terms and doesn't have to move house.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gutted to see Glenn go but it makes sense for all three parties involved.

Palace get £4m (and another £1m if Bournemouth stay up) That would have more than covered Glenn's wages and signing on fee in his time at Selhurst.

Bournemouth get a striker with some premiership experience.

Glenn gets a three year deal on improved terms and doesn't have to move house.
I suspect he won't drive the 5 hour round trip to Bournemouth 4 or 5 times a week, so will indeed 'move house' or get a temporary property there.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Absolutely gutted. He's been our best striker by a country mile for the last four years. There is no way we should have let go someone who scored a goal every three matches in the Prem.

And he is a cert to score against us on Boxing Day.

Imagine what it was like letting him go on a free at the age of 27 whilst he was our top goal scorer.

and then watching him score against us on his return.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
£4m and long contract - hope he enjoys the championship next season

Can't see Bournemouth getting relegated, too strong team with a good manager and too many teams worse than them in the division.
Look forward to see them and Elphick do well in the higher league.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
If Palace can be sitting in 2nd then anything is possible! I wouldn't say there is much between the 2 teams?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that conceeding goals will be Bournemouths problems which the good sides will jump on. If they can score plenty they should be ok but I can see more 3-2 games than 0-0 or 1-0.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I know this won't be a popular point of view, but one day I really REALLY hope Palace spend a lot of money on a much needed former-Albion hero, and he turns out to be complete and utter gash for them. Sort of a playing version of Alan Mullery, if you will.

Now if Leicester could just squeeze a bit more money out of Palace, part of me would love to see their other strikers get injured and consequently have to rely on Ulloa - I have an inkling he'd somehow massively underperform for them, which would be absolutely superb. SUPERB.

Now I can get on board with that. Particularly as I imagine we have a sell on clause.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Lose?

Murray is one of those footballers you can't help but admire. Fought his way up through the divisions to the Premier League and didn't look out of place there either.

I'm sure you'll be laughing very hard when Jedinak gets sold to Stoke tomorrow.

No he wasn't. Will treasure Muzza and am sure that when later (unless written in his contract) he re-appears at Selhurst that he will be given the respect he deserves.

Unlike the "FFS moment"...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
If SE25 is so great, why did he and his family choose to carry on living in Brighton?

Palace fans. If our experience is anything to go by, he likes you so much that, when he cheats to win a penalty against you for Bournemouth, he won't celebrate the resulting goal.

I did wonder that. Probably because of his family / kids education. Will he move to Bomo though?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Will treasure Muzza and am sure that when later (unless written in his contract) he re-appears at Selhurst that he will be given the respect he deserves.
There are no clauses in players contracts that stop them playing at previous clubs.

Unlike the "FFS moment"...
That wasn't a lack of respect at all, just disappointment he'd scored against us.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
There are no clauses in players contracts that stop them playing at previous clubs.

That wasn't a lack of respect at all, just disappointment he'd scored against us.

Indeed. Just like the shouts of disappointment when he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. Just like the shouts of disappointment when he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.

I don't recall any joy being expressed when that happened but then I was on the halfway line not in the North Stand. I also doubt anyone knew quite how bad the injury was at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here