Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor suggests the window is essentially shut

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I will precede this by saying that I have not heard this first hand, so I will not vouch for the veracity.

But someone currently working at the training ground (a chap I know, who is not a WUM) has apparently been told that an Albion director is on a plane back from South America with a striker. A £9m striker. I don't know his source, so as I say, I am by no means claiming this is FACT. Its just what I have heard, about 10 minutes ago.

Make of it what you will...

Wow! You have been very brave there Easy! Have no reason to doubt YOU whatsoever, just hope your source is good.

Twenty four hours of NSC hell to come everyone! #together

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
As for Calleri, the Boca coach is making him play the next game but sit out the one after. Some weird rule over there on bans it seems!

I presume it's not him on 'the plane' then.

PLANEGATE

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My mate has just texted me...you beaten us to lacazette you lucky ****ers...

No idea if he is just winding me up but lacazette is a French international who Watford were chasing seemly

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My mate has just texted me...you beaten us to lacazette you lucky ****ers...

No idea if he is just winding me up but lacazette is a French international who Watford were chasing seemly

Does he play in South America?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I agree. Can't see it myself. The idea that Calleri, who is so highly rated in Argentina, would come to us is ridiculous. However, I've been stunned so far by this transfer window (especially us keeping Dunk rather than selling him to fund other buys) so I'll be hopeful until the window closes tomorrow. If it did come off, it would be the most amazing coup in Albion's history and, if he's as good as reported, mean we are real contenders for a top two position.

Agreed, though we do seem to back to the days under Gus when we sold the club to players seemingly out of our reach and they came.

We fought of Watford, Levrkusen and Sporting Lisbon for Elvis so who knows.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Posted on August 24:-

Like you, I had no reason to doubt the source.

You do open yourself up on here by posting any nuggets you hear though. Don't think I'll bother in future !

Posted today:-

I will precede this by saying that I have not heard this first hand, so I will not vouch for the veracity.

But someone currently working at the training ground (a chap I know, who is not a WUM) has apparently been told that an Albion director is on a plane back from South America with a striker. A £9m striker. I don't know his source, so as I say, I am by no means claiming this is FACT. Its just what I have heard, about 10 minutes ago.

A week is a long time in football board rumour-mongering.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

could it be one of these strikers
:moo:
http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=339170&CategoryId=14095

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here