Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor suggests the window is essentially shut

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not sure how I'll feel if we don't sign another good striker. I'd compare it to when you draw a game where you were winning 2-0 against a good side away from home, you''d of taken it before the match but because of what could have been you feel frustrated. All this linking us to big money strikers has got me thinking that if we signed one we could really sustain a promotion challenge, as i fear over the season we'll come up just short with what we've currently got. (as happy as I am with who we have already signed)

I think that's a bit harsh. Hemed and Baldock are showing real signs of building a partnership and Zamora and Manu are both options up front. We have enough to sustain a challenge, although it would be amazing to have signed another striker. It's probably better to think how you would have felt two or three months ago if offered this squad/position in the league.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Our sources suggest nothing looming that would be regarded as a 'big deal' in or out of Albion. That can, of course, change rapidly. #bhafc

Is that it? Can we relax and take what we have?

It's been a fantastic window so far and I'm fully expecting a quiet day tomorrow. Then I'll be a little pissed off. Which is daft, but there you go.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I think that's a bit harsh. Hemed and Baldock are showing real signs of building a partnership and Zamora and Manu are both options up front. We have enough to sustain a challenge, although it would be amazing to have signed another striker. It's probably better to think how you would have felt two or three months ago if offered this squad/position in the league.

I think Hemed and Baldock are quality, don't get me wrong. Just think we need more cover. BZ, whilst he will do brilliantly holding the ball up and getting assists, isn't going to be scoring more than a handful imo, and Manu is going to be needed on the wings. We need back-up/competition for Baldock, some one with real pace. If we don't sign anyone I still will be happy with our transfer dealings (as my original post says) just feel one last signing could really be the difference, don't forget Baldock has had some injury problems in the past.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Are people forgetting we still have Harper & Hambo to come and also Manu can play as a striker if needed. Plus Colunga if he doesn't leave tonight. I think sign the Argie is a possibility in January as well.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think Hemed and Baldock are quality, don't get me wrong. Just think we need more cover. BZ, whilst he will do brilliantly holding the ball up and getting assists, isn't going to be scoring more than a handful imo, and Manu is going to be needed on the wings. We need back-up/competition for Baldock, some one with real pace. If we don't sign anyone I still will be happy with our transfer dealings (as my original post says) just feel one last signing could really be the difference, don't forget Baldock has had some injury problems in the past.

I don't disagree another striker would be great but I am so happy with the business we've done so far and the position we're in, that I'm going to be happy if we don't have any major moves tomorrow.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Are people forgetting we still have Harper & Hambo to come and also Manu can play as a striker if needed. Plus Colunga if he doesn't leave tonight. I think sign the Argie is a possibility in January as well.

I don't think anyone is forgetting Harper or Hembo, but nobody should be expecting these two to make a huge impact to the first team squad, not in the immediate future anyway.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Don't think hes predicted any of the transfers this summer either before they have been announced or before on nsc.

Posters on NSC can leak things under a false identity so there is no comeback on the person who may have given them the info and leaving a trail. NSC is also collective whilst Nayor is a single person.

What Naylor does do is suggest or confirm things using his real name.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've had the impression over the summer that Andy Naylor has either said or done something to upset the Albion hierachy, seldom does he know anything before other sources (including NSC), and the fact that he's jetting off on his holidays on deadline day speaks volumes. On the surface it looks like all the business is done and there will be nothing to report, but looking at Hughtons language it's clear that this is not necessarily the case. It seems Naylor is becoming increasingly an irrelevance.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I don't think anyone is forgetting Harper or Hembo, but nobody should be expecting these two to make a huge impact to the first team squad, not in the immediate future anyway.
My point is with Hemed, Baldock & Zamora they won't need to. With Manu a capable striker as well, some seem to be suggesting we can do well with what we have. The deal for the Argie might be resurrected in January anyway.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I take this as meaning that COG is now so far down the the pecking order that when he leaves it won't be seen as anything other than a minor deal

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
My point is with Hemed, Baldock & Baldock they won't need to. With Manu a capable striker as well, some seem to be suggesting we can do well with what we have. The deal for the Argie might be resurrected in January anyway.
Not sure we can play Baldock twice in the same team, no matter how well he is doing just now

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That can, of course, change rapidly. #bhafc

:lol: No better than me just punting in the dark! He has a 50/50 shot, no credit if correct, justifiable criticism if wrong as he was dumb enough to try to justify himself at the same time :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here