Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I think that includes sub appearances.

According to Soccerbase Vydra started 31 games last season and made 11 sub appearances for 16 goals, for comparison Leo Ulloa scored 14 in 31 starts and 2 sub appearances for us in the 2013/14 season.

I think he'd make a very good signing, lots of pace and has ripped us apart a few times, would rather see him doing that to other teams in a Brighton shirt.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
According to Soccerbase Vydra started 31 games last season and made 11 sub appearances for 16 goals, for comparison Leo Ulloa scored 14 in 31 starts and 2 sub appearances for us in the 2013/14 season.

I think he'd make a very good signing, lots of pace and has ripped us apart a few times, would rather see him doing that to other teams in a Brighton shirt.

finally, someone with little bit of footballing sense.

40 odd games, 11 from the bench and 16 goals. some on here would rather have COG and colunga it seems............

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I can't believe some people are being sniffy about signing a player who won the Championship Player of the Season award a mere two years ago and is still only 23.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I can't believe some people are being sniffy about signing a player who won the Championship Player of the Season award a mere two years ago and is still only 23.

Hadn't spotted those posts myself, just some pointing out he's not quite Premier League class just yet. No relevance to us of course, I'd love to sign him.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Can we afford him along with our new player that's getting off the plane tomorrow morning from South America.

Move over big spending Derby and Middlesbrough :clap:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
oh please don't talk sense........... you'll ruin this forum....

:lol:

KCATB.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I keep wanting to be sniffy about this non deal.

Vydra ripping our defence a new one is, for me, a stand out AMEX event and the most memorable by an opposition player.

Way way back then, like last season, he was playing in a free scoring team.
The amount of goals Watford scored you'd have to back yourself in getting a few playing for them.
But outside of those 2 seasons he's done nothing.

That has to be a worry as he roasted us 5 years ago, when he must have been about 25, so now why pay so much for a player coming to the end of their career.

Then to find out, that wasn't 5 years ago and he's ONLY 23 :ohmy: .

I'm surprised he's not being touted for so much more, it's impossible to get sniffy about such a deal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watford have agreed a season long loan deal for Roma forward Victor Ibarbo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here