Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
elvis-manu-signs-280815-l229-2654589_478x359.jpg

Elvis Manu joins the Albion.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 31st August 2015
by James Hilsum
Every young boy from abroad has a dream to play for a team in England and when I got this opportunity, I didn’t think twice."
Elvis Manu
Elvis Manu says he has fulfilled a life-long ambition to play in England after completing his move to Brighton & Hove Albion on Friday.
The Holland under-21 international revealed he had little hesitation in signing for the Seagulls since first learning of the club’s interest.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It has always been the biggest dream of mine to play in England. Every young boy from abroad has a dream to play for a team in England and when I got this opportunity, I didn’t think twice.
“I’m very excited. It’s a great move for me and I hope to fit into the team as soon as possible.
“From the first meeting I had, the people here gave me a great feeling about the club.
“I was so surprised when I came here to see the training ground for the first time and I’m very excited to come here and prove myself.
“From the very beginning, I had a good feeling about coming here and that this was a perfect move for me.
“I knew that Brighton was a club that was developing with a new stadium and training ground. I spoke to a few people that knew the club already and they gave me a good feeling.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 22-year-old admits he will need to adapt quickly to frenetic style of play in the Championship if he is going to fight for a place in Albion’s front line.
“The Championship is harder, faster and the Dutch league is more about playing football on the ground, creating chances and building up from the back to the front.
“The Championship is more direct and in the beginning it will be tough for me, but I will have to get used to it as soon as possible.
“In every team you need competition to improve. Brighton wants to improve as a club, so they need competition in the team. It’s a good thing for everybody.”
“As a player, I am someone that looks for the shortest way to go to the goal. I love scoring goals and I hope I can bring that to the team.
“I have a winning mentality, whether that’s in training or in games, and I always want to win. Hopefully I can bring that mentality to the team.”[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]SATURDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here