Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how rich IS Bloom?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In which case, how did he get in excess of £200m in cash to spend on the Albion?

I alluded to a deal in a previous post. That was his personal benefit from the deal.

I not going to give details as it was passed on to me by a previous business partner of mine. While his business with me was small fry, his main business interests are far more interesting..

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
His stated directorships in the UK are worth a few million. According to a wealth fund manager I know (and without wanting to sound too much like HB&B) "He's not a billionaire yet, but he'll be there within 18 months at this rate'.

So despite spending millions on us, his wealth is still increasing. That is good to hear.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Bloom took one expensive gamble in bankrolling Gus's team to ensure we started at the AMEX in the Championship, he took another in 2012/13 which failed so I wonder if will take another this season or do it more stealthily which seems to be the way this Summer ? Sign players and get the team/squad sorted without anyone noticing anything seems to be the way rather than marquee signings now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even very wealthy people have to stop and take stock and I am sure that is what TB has done in recent seasons. Every signing now is on a 3 or 4 year contract or most are so he is obviously assembling the squad for an assault possibly next season but the play off this would be a welcome bonus.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He owns a lot of commercial property in the city of London too as I found out by accident recently.

I'd imagine his wealth is largely in assets than cold hard cash

commercial property rose in the 00's but only by about 100% (doubling). so he must have been spectacularly good at deals (wouldnt go unnoticed), started with a massive fortune (he got 50m for selling betting company), or this isnt the source of his wealth. unless of course he's leveraged to buggery, very possible in property, which leads to the conclusion he probably borrowed for Falmer to be built.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
commercial property rose in the 00's but only by about 100% (doubling). so he must have been spectacularly good at deals (wouldnt go unnoticed), started with a massive fortune (he got 50m for selling betting company), or this isnt the source of his wealth. unless of course he's leveraged to buggery, very possible in property, which leads to the conclusion he probably borrowed for Falmer to be built.

He has property in Australia too.

When the Southampton owner died, there was a question to Tony at a Fans Forum whilst the Amex was being built. He said there was no worry as the money was already ring fenced, so if anything happened to him, the stadium would still be finished. That doesn't sound like he borrowed anything.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

How about the Australian property market?

mm20120131a.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Bloom took one expensive gamble in bankrolling Gus's team to ensure we started at the AMEX in the Championship, he took another in 2012/13 which failed so I wonder if will take another this season or do it more stealthily which seems to be the way this Summer ? Sign players and get the team/squad sorted without anyone noticing anything seems to be the way rather than marquee signings now

No inappropriate CAPITALS, very disappointing

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
How about the Australian property market?

graph shows less than doubling since 2000. in any case would have to sell an awful lot of domestic property to raise £100m cash. this is the thing, either he's made his money in something liquid (say commodity speculation, he is a gambler after all) or he's made it in property which gives a large asset wealth with scope to borrow money (which can be ring fenced from other assets). those that claim to know never say where the money comes from, so the speculation continues.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
'It must also be noted that every transfer deal is 'undisclosed fee' so obviously he likes to deal secretly without showing his wealth.to all in sundry.

I would love my bank statement to show 2 less 0 than his at the end of the balance figure.

The lizard was in the Times Rich list100 with about 253 million pounds around 3 years ago.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The lizard was in the Times Rich list100 with about 253 million pounds around 3 years ago.

Bloom has never featured on the Sunday Times rich list, or Australian equivilent or Forbes, this is half the reason for the speculation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here