Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stenning-290815-l229-2655205_478x359.jpg

Kim Stenning
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
06:00 30th August 2015
by James Hilsum
I always enjoy the League Cup because you feel like there is not as much pressure on you, but you really want to go far."
Kim Stenning
Kim Stenning cannot wait to take on Gillingham in the Premier League Cup this afternoon, as the forward targets silverware in both the league and cup this season.

Albion got to the quarter-finals of the competition last season and the Seagulls striker stressed the importance of having a good cup run.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “It will be a very tough game, but if we play like we have done and remain professional, then I think that we can go far in the cup.
“I played with the development squad against Gillingham before. They are a very physical team and passionate about football, but it would be great to get a result.
“I always enjoy the League Cup because you feel like there is not as much pressure on you, but you really want to go far.
“It’s a really good competition and I know that the team got to the quarter-finals last year.
“If we can get that far or even further again this year then that would be great, as we always want to win trophies.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Stenning found the net 25 times in her last full season at the club in 2012/13 and is confident that it will only be a matter of time before she and fellow new forward Kate Natkiel find their goalscoring touch.
“I had a chance against Charlton when the keeper made a great save and I don’t know how she got to it!
“I’m definitely getting into the right positions and as soon as I get one then I can score many more goals for this club.
“Kate is the same and I’m sure we have the ability to be among the top goalscorers in the league.”
The forward feels she has benefited from playing in the Women’s Super League Two for Millwall Lionesses and believes her game has developed since her last spell at the Albion.
“I am more confident now that I know what is expected of me if I play in the Women’s Super League. I played against some very tough players that have played for England, and knowing that will help me to compete at this level.
“I’ve become stronger on the ball because it’s much more of a physical game in that league and you notice that when you play in this division.
“But I feel that Brighton are definitely good enough to get into the Super League in the very near future.”[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]SATURDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here