Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hemed-290815-l229-2656585_478x359.jpg

Tomer Hemed celebrates with Dale Stephens
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 30th August 2015
by Luke Nicoli
I had a laugh about it in the dressing room with Dale, but when he played the ball into the box it definitely touched my head."
Tomer Hemed
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Tomer Hemed is in no doubt that he scored a brace of goals in the Seagulls’ impressive 3-2 victory at Ipswich Town.
There was some confusion over his opener, with a number of media outlets initially handing the goal to Dale Stephens, but the Israeli international is adamant that he got the final touch – taking his tally for the season to three.
He said, “I had a laugh about it in the dressing room with Dale, but when he played the ball into the box it definitely touched my head. I would never celebrate if I didn’t get a touch, so it was my definitely my goal.
“I said to Dale that he needed the assist and I needed the goal, so both of us are happy in the end. The most important thing is not who scores the goals though, but the fact that the ball is in the net, so we are happy to take the three points from a very tough match.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion were in cruise control following goals from Kazenga LuaLua and Hemed in the opening 12 minutes. Ipswich came back with a quick-fire double of their own after the break, before the Israeli netted the all-important winner in the 67th minute.“It’s very difficult to come back and win the game after you’ve lost a lead, so it says a lot about our character that we could do that.
“It’s been a very good start for us and it’s a good position for us to be in going into the international break.
“We have worked hard in pre-season and every day in training we have been working very hard to put us in this position. We know that it will be tough every week so we need to come back after the break and continue to show the same mentality.”
Hemed and Albion team-mate Beram Kayal are flying back to Israel for games against Andorra and Wales and he believes his early taste of life in the Championship will help him on the international stage.
“My experience in another style of football will give me something different. Playing in England has taught me things about my game that I needed to improve on and now after winning this game with Brighton and scoring two goals, I hope to help my national team win both our games.
“It’s going to be nice to see friends and family back home and the aim is to do my best, then come back and keep winning points with Brighton. That is the aim – to work hard and keep winning games.”
[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]SATURDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h]SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here