Hughton dedicates Brighton win [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Last Updated: 29/08/15 9:36pm

brighton-chris-hughton_3288572.jpg
brighton-chris-hughton_3288572.jpg

Chris Hughton: Tough week for Brighton ended with three points

Brighton boss Chris Hughton dedicated his side's 3-2 win at Ipswich to the memories of groundsman Matt Grimstone and supporter Jacob Schilt, who lost their lives in the Shoreham air disaster.
In an emotional week for Brighton, which has seen the club give up part of their training ground to help police investigating the crash, ended with the Seagulls moving to the top of the Sky Bet Championship.
Hughton said: "The club has done an incredible job in helping the local police and everyone wanted to do well for Matt and Jacob."
During an absorbing match at Portman Road, Brighton raced into a two-goal lead inside 12 minutes before being pegged back by the improved hosts after the break.
But they restored their lead just two minutes after David McGoldrick's equaliser when Tomer Hemed scored his second of the game to see Brighton leapfrog Ipswich into top spot.
Hughton said: "It was a super game and a very good spectacle for the Championship.
"We were the better team at 2-0, but the only disappointment for me was that we allowed them to come back to 2-2, which I didn't think was a fair reflection of the game.
"But we showed great character to go on and win the game and overall I thought we had the right balance between defending well and breaking quickly."
Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy preferred to heap praise on the opposition rather than discuss his side's below-par first half performance.
McCarthy said: "I think Brighton are a very good side, they started well and were the better team.
"In the first half they were excellent - you have to give them credit. But I thought our response in the second half was great.
"Then their third goal came off a deflected cross which wrong-footed my defenders, though we also made a few errors leading up to it. Now we know what everyone else (in the league) feels like."
216.png
157.png

[h=3]Reading vs Ipswich[/h]
September 11, 2015, 7:00pm
Live on
ss5.gif

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here