Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Still think they must be talking about Argentine Peso rather than US Dollers.

Trust me, there is no way on this or any other Earth we'd be signing him for under a million quid - something around the USD/GBP conversion values given above would be far more likely in this case.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The latter - getting him at/around the prices quoted would require more than doubling our current transfer record.

Is he twice as good as CMS? If so he's still only League One quality :smile:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
On the basis that most of the signings have been under the radar to everyone this summer, surely all these names flying around today are just red herrings to put other clubs off the scent whilst we tie up the Leon Best deal.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Trust me, there is no way on this or any other Earth we'd be signing him for under a million quid - something around the USD/GBP conversion values given above would be far more likely in this case.

Just hard to believe we are talking about Brighton and bidding £9m in the same sentence. Fantastic times ahead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess with Stephens and Kayal picking up cards and the others failing to shine, it's only right to get in another defensive central midfielder.

Although I do hope the club find some attacking flair from somewhere, soon.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Typical NSC response from a player none of us have heard of.

Personally, no thanks. Unproven Championship players who've never played in Europe are not what we need.

Would much rather we spent the money on someone like Vydra or Hooper

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We kinda have? Uwe Hunemeier, Tomer Hemed, Jamie Murphy, Conor Goldson and the Big Finn have not come particularly cheap. Not to mention Rosenior must be on a few quid!
This.

Hunemeier (£1.7m), Murphy (£1.5m), Hemed (£1m) & Goldson (£600k) brings our spending to nearly £5m this summer in transfer fees alone. That's not even counting their salaries, or the salaries/signing on fees of Maenpaa, Bong, Rosenior and Zamora (none of whom come cheap I'd imagine), or the contract extensions for Dunk, Bruno & Calde.

Even with CMS, McCourt, Hughes, Agustien & all the loanees off our books - you have to assume this is our biggest ever wage bill and most expensive transfer window to date.

This would surely blow out of the water and crush into the dust any lingering, misguided allegations of penny pinching on the club's part.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Looks exactly what we need from his showreel. The goals are all from either running off the shoulder of the last man or in the box tap ins.

The Albion signing players for £7m? **** me I've seen everything now!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The latter - getting him at/around the prices quoted would require more than doubling our current transfer record.

Worth baring in mind the club have rubbished those figures, according to that argus article

Argentine pesos are more likely than US dollars IMO (just cannot see us spending £6m) which makes it a tad under £800K.
He would need to qualify for an EU passport though and remembering Ulloa that doesn't necessarily come quickly.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Argentine pesos are more likely than US dollars IMO which makes it a tad under £800K.
He would need to qualify for an EU passport though and remembering Ulloa that doesn't necessarily come quickly.

1) The price isn't in pesos, its quoted in US dollars. The peso price is not realistic for this player and his level of ability.

2) He has an Italian one already.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

No, they're not.
And he has one already, reading the thread.

Fair enough - didn't read the whole thread.
One hell of a punt for our club on a lad with potential but lacking experience. Be surprised but delighted if it came off

1) The price isn't in pesos, its quoted in US dollars. The peso price is not realistic for this player and his level of ability.

2) He has an Italian one already.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Fair enough - didn't read the whole thread.
One hell of a punt for our club on a lad with potential but lacking experience. Be surprised but delighted if it came off

Me old man said very much the same. And obviously you're right. To commit that sort of money, we must be pretty confident. Fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here