Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

albionite

May 20, 2009
Does he have a European passport? Cant see him getting international clearance even if any truth to this

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Today there was a meeting between directors of Brighton and Boca, who asked for £13 million dollars for the goalscorer. The English offered nine. In the meeting on the Boca side was Juan Simon (general manager). £11 million would probably be enough." :eek:
So they wants 13 million dollars, but we could get him for 11 million pounds, which is more than 13 million dollars. Or, maybe even less than £1m.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This transfer window is like a game of football manager.

Sure, you could go and spend unreasonable money on a middling English player who would be 'ok', but why do that when you can go find the diamond in the rough from elsewhere.

Could be the next To Madeira I tell you...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So they wants 13 million dollars, but we could get him for 11 million pounds, which is more than 13 million dollars. Or, maybe even less than £1m.

I know I'm confused - is it 800k or £8million !?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Argentinian forwards love to get in where it hurts ...............................as does Leo

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We offered 9m, they want 13m, they reckon 11m would get him. Dollars.

The equivalent figures being £5.8 million, £8.4 million and £7.1 million respectively.

Serious money, in any currency.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I know I'm confused - is it 800k or £8million !?

The latter - getting him at/around the prices quoted would require more than doubling our current transfer record.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The equivalent figures being £5.8 million, £8.4 million and £7.1 million respectively.

Worth baring in mind the club have rubbished those figures, according to that argus article

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Luckily the club saved so much by cheapskate shopping 12 months ago.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Still think they must be talking about Argentine Peso rather than US Dollers.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This is crazy money! We all wanted and needed money to be spent on the squad, but this seems a large amount on one player. Surely if we had this amount burning a hole back in May, we could have spent the summer spending it around the side for a handful of good players?

It's certainly interesting though!

We kinda have? Uwe Hunemeier, Tomer Hemed, Jamie Murphy, Conor Goldson and the Big Finn have not come particularly cheap. Not to mention Rosenior must be on a few quid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here