Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If it's done we could take him on loan now and then perm in Jan - so I can't see this as a done deal.

If we had a done deal it would've leaked out but no, we can't have him on loan as the transfer window is for English FA affiliated clubs/players only

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'f seasons don't align, then neither will transfer windows.
Nobody could ever be transferred.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The regulations on transfer windows always refer to the buying club's window.

Recently, if we were to have sold Colunga to Spain, the deadline was 1 day before the England window shut.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I have a plan.
Take him on as a steward, donate £6M to their club funds, then promote him to playing staff.
Sorted!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is this not agreed FIFA transfer window for all clubs and countrries. Although I am sure I read that FIFA do not agree with it and want us to drop it. Even so the papers could be lodged with the FA if it had been done, whether or not they deal with it before or on 1st January is up to . It would ensure he is signed for us and stop any gazumping.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is this not agreed FIFA transfer window for all clubs and countrries. Although I am sure I read that FIFA do not agree with it and want us to drop it. Even so the papers ould be lodged with the FA if it had been done, whether or not they deal with itbefore 1st January is up to . It would ensure he is signed for us and stop any gazumping.

I don't know about full transfer windows being dropped, but there was talk of the February 2016 loan window being the last loan window.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Is this not agreed FIFA transfer window for all clubs and countrries. Although I am sure I read that FIFA do not agree with it and want us to drop it. Even so the papers could be lodged with the FA if it had been done, whether or not they deal with it before or on 1st January is up to . It would ensure he is signed for us and stop any gazumping.
I like it in theory, but not sure how binding it would be if the papers were dated outside of the window?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps Xmas will come early this year. Meanwhile 8 tough fixtures between now and year end, which will no doubt shape our season.

That's why we could do with Murray for a few weeks, if he really has fallen out with Bournemouth.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Even if the deal was close I would imagine he wants a few weeks holiday after playing a full season, so can't see a loan being available up till Jan.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Does anyone think the recent cryptic posts from Bozza relating to transfer targets share any clue?

"Judge us in January" was one of the the cryptic Bozza posts.

Looks to me like we've made a signing and Bozza knows.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Does anyone think the recent cryptic posts from Bozza relating to transfer targets share any clue?

"Judge us in January" was one of the the cryptic Bozza posts.

Looks to me like we've made a signing and Bozza knows.
Certainty hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here