Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
On what do you base this assertion?

I presume Football Rumours. That or his crystal ball.

Conveniently, 'crystall ball' rhymes with **** all.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I read this as a price of $13m which is £8.4m but the Argentinian currency is peso and if it is . 13m peso that is just under £1m which sounds nearer our mark.

On the site quoted above which gives his value as £5.4m it says he is Argentinan/ Italien so will there be passport problems to overcome.as per Leo.

He would cost a lot more than that. Argentine Premier League ? Proven goalscorer ? Early 20s ?

Go straight to the Friday Night Drinking thread and collect another bottle.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Because it is. It is dollars. The Argus originally put it in pounds, but later corrected it to dollars. DOLLARS!!

South American transfer fees are invariably quoted in dollars.

It's dollars.

Yes, but is it Australian Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Singapore Dollars,Canadian Dollars,Brunei Dollars,Jamaican Dollars, New Zealand Dollars,or Suriname Dollars?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Please explain why the price quoted right or wrong is in $ surely it would have been in their currency peso or ours in either pounds or possibly euros as he is dual nationality and clubs in Italy may be interested.

The Peso is such an unstable currency that many Argentinians prefer to be paid in US dollars

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On what do you base this assertion?

It's what he thinks - it's not an assertion. None of us know what's going on with this possible transfer, so I'm not trying to assert anything either - but I will be surprised if we (well, TB actually) flashes more than £4M.
Not just FFP - there might just be a hope that the club might break even, once in a while!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's what he thinks - it's not an assertion. None of us know what's going on with this possible transfer, so I'm not trying to assert anything either - but I will be surprised if we (well, TB actually) flashes more than £4M.
Not just FFP - there might just be a hope that the club might break even, once in a while!

So true, I am of the same opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TB is subsidising our yearly losses of £8m he is business man would he double this years losses on 1 signing disregarding what he has already spent during this window. I would think not but who really knows.
I take it you've accounted for all the money the club has made in the transfer market, subsequent clauses, and not having to pay any win or goal bonuses last season.

I firmly believe there was money to be spent, and it would appear, finally, that's being done.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
TB is subsidising our yearly losses of £8m he is business man would he double this years losses on 1 signing disregarding what he has already spent during this window. I would think not but who really knows.

It's called speculate, to accumulate BG. With the enormous amounts of money available in the premier league next season, this maybe the only way he could ever get his investment back

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's called speculate, to accumulate BG. With the enormous amounts of money available in the premier league next season, this maybe the only way he could ever get his investment back

The last time he did that Gus f....d up. Are you suggesting he is gojng down the same route this season. I thought, cos I dont know for sure, that he would provide the players and hopefully get to the playoffs but building a side to go all out for automatic next season. Play off this year would be a bonus after last seasons poor showing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All prick teasing speculation. Can't be bothered to look at this thread again. This hour.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The last time he did that Gus f....d up. Are you suggesting he is gojng down the same route this season. I thought, cos I dont know for sure, that he would provide the players and hopefully get to the playoffs but building a side to go all out for automatic next season. Play off this year would be a bonus after last seasons poor showing.

If you don't buy a ticket, you don't win a price. If we kick around the Championship for the next five years, T.B. loses another £40-£50 million, and he's by nature a gambler, I think he's going to buy this lad , and Elvis, and maybe one more big player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here