Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A suugestion regarding the air crash ....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How would this work though? Would Bozza just replace the site with a message, is my guess. But I'm not sure that is quite right, as it would feel no different to days when we've had essential maintenance, or the site has been moved to a new host, and the site has been down. That has happened before, and as such, we are all just doing something else. A bit like replacing a minutes silence with just locking the doors to the ground and not letting anyone in.

How about we have the site open, but we should all agree to post to just one single thread for that 24 hrs, and all we can post on that thread is a pledge. So, for 24 hrs, the website is open, but for those who want to be part of this, they just go to the "Sponsored Silence thread : 5th September 2015" and just post the amount they pledge. No comments, no discussion, just a respectful silence.

Or if we feel it's a bit crass to see what people have donated, then send your pledge to someone by PM (it can come to me if you want Bozza), and simply post "Pledge sent" on the thread to show that you've been on the site, marked shown your respect by not diving into thread discussions, and left silently.

I'm sorry but I don't understand this need to almost dictate to people how they should deal with this situation. It's almost like it's not how you feel you should grieve but how you should be seen to grieving by others. Leave everything as it is and let individuals decide how they will show their respect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sorry but I don't understand this need to almost dictate to people how they should deal with this situation. It's almost like it's not how you feel you should grieve but how you should be seen to grieving by others. Leave everything as it is and let individuals decide how they will show their respect.

Couldn't agree more.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
It's not about needing to show others that you are grieving, nor about telling others how to deal with it.

It's more about letting the families that are affected know that others care. Personal grieving, and private sympathy is certainly still warranted, but I am sure that collective expressions of compassion are appreciated.

If people don't want to have NSC taken away from them for a while, then maybe Bozza could just put up a banner, or replace the ads with something for a while.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Just a suggestion mate. It's all done with the very best intention as was the OP. It's not about telling people "how they should grieve", my goodness how unbelievably arrogant would I have to be to do that, it is about ideas for a mark of respect, and to potentially raise some money for a very good cause.

If you don't agree, hey, that's fine, it's why this is a "discussion forum."

As I say, just an idea, just my two penneth.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just a suggestion mate. It's all done with the very best intention as was the OP. It's not about telling people "how they should grieve", my goodness how unbelievably arrogant would I have to be to do that, it is about ideas for a mark of respect, and to potentially raise some money for a very good cause.

If you don't agree, hey, that's fine, it's why this is a "discussion forum."

As I say, just an idea, just my two penneth.

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a personal attack. As I said in previous post, I fully accept that these ideas are made with the best of interests and with good intentions but there have been plenty of people that disagree with the idea of closing or restricting NSC so unless Bozza decides to shut down his baby for the day then maybe other ideas should be suggested but more on a voluntary basis.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sorry, wasn't meant to be a personal attack. As I said in previous post, I fully accept that these ideas are made with the best of interests and with good intentions but there have been plenty of people that disagree with the idea of closing or restricting NSC so unless Bozza decides to shut down his baby for the day then maybe other ideas should be suggested but more on a voluntary basis.

But my idea was for it to be voluntary, that was kind of my point. I was suggesting we "leave the site open" and then those who are taking part in this are doing so in one thread. If it meant everyone took part, and no other threads were touched all day, then that would be amazing, but I wasn't suggesting other threads let alone the site as a whole, was closed.

Anyway, as I say, just a suggestion, and that's the point of opening it up to a discussion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But my idea was for it to be voluntary, that was kind of my point. I was suggesting we "leave the site open" and then those who are taking part in this are doing so in one thread. If it meant everyone took part, and no other threads were touched all day, then that would be amazing, but I wasn't suggesting other threads let alone the site as a whole, was closed.

Anyway, as I say, just a suggestion, and that's the point of opening it up to a discussion.

Apologies again as I misread your post. I thought you were suggesting that the board be open but that there would only be one thread to post on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here