Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale top bloke who, we are very fortunate to have at the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is what Tim was getting at. It would have been much better if he had said so, even with a link to the article.

Seagulls keeper Stockdale makes personal visit to the Grimstone family
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/...-personal-visit-to-the-grimstone-family/41898
But the one they call T,immy is banned from click baiting his own work.

Albion keeper David Stockdale has made a personal and spontaneous visit to the family of Matthew Grimstone, who was tragically killed in the Shoreham airshow disaster last weekend .
Matthew Grimstone was himself a goal-keeper for Worthing United and was traveling to play for them at the time of the accident .
He was also a member of Albion’s ground staff .
A club spokesman revealed today that the Albion keeper took it upon himself to go visit and spend time with the family.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bald & Unread's homework. Let's have a look:

Brighton & Hove Albion: Stockdale won’t over celebrate (over-celebrate) if Albion score against Ipswich (HOLD THE FRONT PAGE! Shit title)

Seagulls (apostrophe) (apostrophe) keeper David Stockdale told Brighton & Hove News this lunchtine (:lolol:) that he won’t jump around like a maniac even if the Albion score another last minute winner at Ipswich Town on Saturday (****ing stupid opening sentence).

Stockdale was reflecting on his subdued reaction to Albion’s last minute winner at Fulham. (pointless full stop) As reported by @bhcitynews at the time. The Seagulls (apostrophe) stopper told us (colon) “I have respect for the club (Fulham) that brought me out of League 2 and gave me a chance (needless space). It will be the same on Saturday(comma) they have all showed (shown) me respect and showed (shown) me a lot of respect (either you're repeating yourself or DS is) when I have been there (makes no sense), with old clubs I feel that if the time is right to celebrate, perhaps if you haven’t had such good time there and have (a) point to prove (awful sentence structure) (pointless space) (comma goes here) (makes no sense). But Fulham wasn’t one and Ipswich won’t be another. (quotation marks)

Stockdale also discussed his goalkeeping (random double space) colleagues (comma) saying he loved working with coach Ben Roberts (comma) telling (saying and telling? Come on..) us (colon) (random double space)(pointless space) I have known Ben for years through the goalkeeping ranks and although we have never worked together (comma) ( prior to Albion) we (pointless double space) always kept in touch at games (pointless space) .

(pointless space) (quotation marks) His reputation always came before him, it’s a surprise he stayed in the Championship (pointless space) . (random double full-stop) He could have gone further as he is showing now with his methods and it’s benefiting me and Niki (Maenpaa) (it's Mäenpää) (needs a comma either here or after methods) and he’s pushing me (random double space). Christian (Walton (random space) ) has gone out on loan but he will benefit him, and even down to the Under 16’s when they train with us he makes it fun and adapts it for different people”

Stockdale also has (had) some kind words for his first team rival Maenpaa (Mäenpää)(comma) saying he was delighted that he (sounds stupid) made some good saves on Tuesday against Walsall (comma) adding (colon)(used end quotation marks) (random space) (capital letter needed) if Niki is doing well when I’m not playing the the club is doing well in goalkeeping terms and if I see him doing well I want to do well,(space)so it all knocks on” (makes absolutely no sense, unless Stockdale was blabbering shit).

“If I am not playing although I may not be happy (random double space) I will still (random double space) be rooting for whoever is and hoping that we get the end product we are looking for this year”

1/10 (for spelling your name correctly), would not read again.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But the one they call T,immy is banned from click baiting his own work.

Albion keeper David Stockdale has made a personal and spontaneous visit to the family of Matthew Grimstone, who was tragically killed in the Shoreham airshow disaster last weekend .
Matthew Grimstone was himself a goal-keeper for Worthing United and was traveling to play for them at the time of the accident .
He was also a member of Albion’s ground staff .
A club spokesman revealed today that the Albion keeper took it upon himself to go visit and spend time with the family.

I was under the impression that it was embargoed until tomorrow, but since Stocko himself has retweeted, I guess it's out there.

Stocko didn't mention the visit himself during the press conference, because he's a nice guy and wasn't seeking to big himself up by publicising a private visit, and also because he was having a hard enough time keeping it together while fielding questions about what the week had been like. He did say what a very tough time it had been for the squad and that he hopes the result on Saturday will help to lift some spirits.

Actually, what appeared on the Brighton & Hove News site differs from my memory of what Paul Camillin said afterwards - which was that Alan Mullery was visiting in his role as the official club ambassador, and Stocko had offered to go too. But I'm getting very forgetful these days.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I saw him running round Hove Park earlier. I didn't acknowledge him as he had just punched another bloke he was talking to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is what Tim was getting at. It would have been much better if he had said so, even with a link to the article.

Seagulls keeper Stockdale makes personal visit to the Grimstone family
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/...-personal-visit-to-the-grimstone-family/41898

Early this afternoon he couldn't directly refer to the 'news' as it was embargoed.

Tim being Tim he had to post something here well ahead of the embargo to let people know that, when the news did break, he already knew. People need to know he's one of the cool kids. Illiterate, yes, but cool anyway. Well, if not cool, people need to know that he has an inside track. Well when we say "inside track", it's a track open to pretty much anyone who is writing about the Albion and is available to go to press conferences. Those people are generally journalists - those able to craft engaging and captivating stories - and other people who don't have a job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Early this afternoon he couldn't directly refer to the 'news' as it was embargoed.

Tim being Tim he had to post something here well ahead of the embargo to let people know that, when the news did break, he already knew. People need to know he's one of the cool kids. Illiterate, yes, but cool anyway. Well, if not cool, people need to know that he has an inside track. Well when we say "inside track", it's a track open to pretty much anyone who is writing about the Albion and is available to go to press conferences. Those people are generally journalists - those able to craft engaging and captivating stories - and other people who don't have a job.

It's a shame that Stockdale's compassion was overshadowed by Tim's ego.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This thread has turned into a witch hunt

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS Timmy, I still have your "bring it on" marathon sponsorship money. You never did give me your charity details, or tell me your time :lolol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

What a sad illustration of journos and the OP in particular this is a fantastic story that should be worthy for the content of the story alone.

Instead he has turned it around with a look at me post and belittled the actual story, perhaps a short ban from here to reflect on his actions would not go a miss.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This thread has turned into a witch hunt

I disagree. The OP started the thread with the intention that it was all about him (and the fact that he knew something that most of us didn't), and that is what he's got.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a sad illustration of journos and the OP in particular this is a fantastic story that should be worthy for the content of the story alone.

Instead he has turned it around with a look at me post and belittled the actual story, perhaps a short ban from here to reflect on his actions would not go a miss.

He is banned because of two other threads starting 'You'll never guess who I saw...'

D

Deleted User X18H

I will just say that I was not aware of any embargoe.

This thread was originally to highlight what a courteous, humorous and compassionate man David Stockdale is.

A credit to the club which we should all remember THROUGHOUT the season. #together.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This thread was originally to highlight what a courteous, humorous and compassionate man David Stockdale is.

A credit to the club which we should all remember THROUGHOUT the season. #together.

It's a pity your opening post didn't say that. Welcome back.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Then wouldn't it have been worth mentioning why you thought that in the first place?

If you weren't aware of an embargo then there wouldn't have been anything stopping you from sharing what is clearly a positive story when you posted it, is there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here