Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You've Called The Seagull Line On..................

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the memories. When I lived in Crouch End, there was a certain spot in my kitchen where, provided I angled the aerial right, I could just about pick up SCR commentary on the game. However, if anyone came into the kitchen I lost the signal so Mrs H and the kids were banned from the kitchen during albion games.

0849 800 609 I think is the full number

I am sure that when originally set up it was just a "normal" phone number so not sure if anyone made money. Perhaps Mr M and the Club were just being altruistic?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
0898 800 609

A number that is etched into my memory.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
0898 800 609

A number that is etched into my memory.

Yup, that's the one.

I was living with my parents at the time, and would often make a late-night call to this just to check a result or to see if there was any exciting news. When they started getting itemised bills, my mum phoned the number because she thought I'd been phoning sex lines.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
8048 - 23 hours a day

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Ah Tony Millard, can't say the name without putting on his voice. Used to spend many a time hiding round the back of Shoreham B&Q using their phones whilst shirking work calling the seagull line to hear nothing in particular.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Odd how some phone numbers from 'back in the day' seem ingrained on the mind.

CallCard1.JPG

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The thing is when that was about there was no other was of keeping up with the score .... BBC radio Brighton as it was then was pretty US and the main TV channels only updated at HT and FT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here