Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has the initial info in the OP been posted on other club's fan forums/away sections? Obviously this has touched the overall football world (and the world itself) and with other fans located down in Sussex, it might result in further donations/attendees on the 12th.

If it hasn't, then I'm happy to do so. However, I appreciate Brett has since posted that the response has been overwhelming thus far and he's expecting a lot of people, which is fantastic.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but has the initial info in the OP been posted on other club's fan forums/away sections? Obviously this has touched the overall football world (and the world itself) and with other fans located down in Sussex, it might result in further donations/attendees on the 12th.

If it hasn't, then I'm happy to do so. However, I appreciate Brett has since posted that the response has been overwhelming thus far and he's expecting a lot of people, which is fantastic.

I don't belive anything else has been put on other forums. At the moment we are looking at over 200 people doing the walk and still rising! It's escalated very quickly and bigger then what we expected.
Obviously we won't turn anyone away for wanting to do the walk, but for everyone that wants to come please email Brett, which you can find on the OP, as we are now having to get local authorities, highways agency and others involved due to the size of it. So we really need to try and keep a tab on the numbers so it can be organised accordingly. Ta.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

There are two threads on the BBS, one in General Palace Discussion and one in Away Fans End.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I've spoken with the Forward Planning Producer at Sky News and she's very keen to get a crew and reporter down to cover the walk. She's asked me to remind her in the next week or so; I'll keep on top of it. It will all depend what sort of news is breaking that day and the day prior to the walk. She did, however, send a lovely message back about this event. Sadly the BBC can only "feature BBC affiliated charities" (otherwise they have issues on fairness grounds as to why they are featuring X charity and not Y).

I have also spoken to Matt Law, on the sports desk at the Telegraph. He's keen to get something in prior to the walk. As I type this, Paul Hayward, also of the Telegraph and fellow Brighton fan, said he will help promote this on Twitter. He has 188k followers. Keep an eye on his feed for re-tweets, etc.

In regards to the press, and I've said this to someone else, nothing is guaranteed with this lot. Bear with me and I will keep on top of it.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
I've spoken with the Forward Planning Producer at Sky News and she's very keen to get a crew and reporter down to cover the walk. She's asked me to remind her in the next week or so; I'll keep on top of it. It will all depend what sort of news is breaking that day and the day prior to the walk. She did, however, send a lovely message back about this event. Sadly the BBC can only "feature BBC affiliated charities" (otherwise they have issues on fairness grounds as to why they are featuring X charity and not Y).

I have also spoken to Matt Law, on the sports desk at the Telegraph. He's keen to get something in prior to the walk. As I type this, Paul Hayward, also of the Telegraph and fellow Brighton fan, said he will help promote this on Twitter. He has 188k followers. Keep an eye on his feed for re-tweets, etc.

In regards to the press, and I've said this to someone else, nothing is guaranteed with this lot. Bear with me and I will keep on top of it.

Thanks so much for the publicity on this. I did PM you my email in case there is anything you need or want from us.
Mike.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Top work.....well done

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Guys just a polite reminder, if your planning on doing the walk then could you just drop Brett Mendoza an email as we have to keep an eye on numbers as things are growing quite quickly. Thanks.

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Well Done to the three 6 year olds that carried a heavy bucket of coins around the ground at Peacehaven v Worthing, thanks to both sets of supporters £129.75 will be added to the Just Giving site later this week

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Well Done to the three 6 year olds that carried a heavy bucket of coins around the ground at Peacehaven v Worthing, thanks to both sets of supporters £129.75 will be added to the Just Giving site later this week

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I saw this on the JG page earlier today. Fantastic effort. Thank you. And to the three 6 year olds of course!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I assume there will be buckets at the Hull Game to put some money in?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Have you thought about contacting Latest TV to cover it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Karen and I went to see the bridge and lay some flowers and I am not ashamed to say I cried my eyes out with how people have left flowers and the most moving notes. There is a section near the middle with flowers, cards and memorabilia with " dad" prominent and that set me off. By the time I got to snoobs/ Jacob's flowers and the messages, I was totally overwhelmed when seeing the remf shirt hanging there.

From the first discussions we had setting up a charity in the name of Robert to remember him and try to bring something positive out of that catastrophe, to all the fabulous work done by gareth, Kev Risby ed and ros, tony, Brett and so many more names too many to mention, I have been so proud of the fans of brighton and crystal palace who tirelessly dip into their pockets to support the fund. Seeing the tributes to snoobs and the messages was so moving and I am so sorry I can't make the walk, but I know that those who do will make him and his family so proud.

Moments like today are very special.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Karen and I went to see the bridge and lay some flowers and I am not ashamed to say I cried my eyes out with how people have left flowers and the most moving notes. There is a section near the middle with flowers, cards and memorabilia with " dad" prominent and that set me off. By the time I got to snoobs/ Jacob's flowers and the messages, I was totally overwhelmed when seeing the remf shirt hanging there.

From the first discussions we had setting up a charity in the name of Robert to remember him and try to bring something positive out of that catastrophe, to all the fabulous work done by gareth, Kev Risby ed and ros, tony, Brett and so many more names too many to mention, I have been so proud of the fans of brighton and crystal palace who tirelessly dip into their pockets to support the fund. Seeing the tributes to snoobs and the messages was so moving and I am so sorry I can't make the walk, but I know that those who do will make him and his family so proud.

Moments like today are very special.

My Mrs only went and arranged her reunion before the fixtures came out and so I very much regret that I will not be there for anything. I have experienced deep family tragedy myself and will be thinking of you all. I do so hope that the weather keeps and wish you all a memorable day - albeit under the circumstances.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Presumably those that have mailed Brett to say they are doing the walk will get a mail with advice on timings etc or do we just turn up at 10:00 AM and do the walk ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here