Walsall Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
COG.JPG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Need to mention David Stockdale last night. A great gesture by him to come to us at the end and give his gloves and shirt to a young lad. Fantastic stuff.

He also pointed to his black armband after he'd given his shirt & gloves to the boy, then clapping the fans. Good man.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Regardless of the penalty miss, O'Grady has consistently shown he is not good enough to be our 5th choice striker.

Ship him out in the next 6 days, and give that squad spot to ( the recovering ) Hambo.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ince-Holla-JFC in midfield NEVER works.

Let's not see it again in the FA Cup in January.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dissapointed for the Tumble Dryer but it looks like his time at the club is coming to an end. His confidence is shot, he needs a fresh start now but you can never accuse him of lack of effort.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
On that basis is it okay to chant racist abuse at Bradford or Leicester fans? It was more than the usual last night.

What about when they started shouting "spastic" at someone with special needs? Is that okay? Again the stewards did nothing until someone complained and even then it was pathetic.

Re staying at home with my teddy. I took my 6 yr old last night and he has said he does not want to go back to Walsall. Maybe he is soft but he has never complained before.

My 6 yr old said exactly the same to me, never wants to go to Walsall again... Most of the singing was banter to be fair, but some (on both sides) went too far... In hindsight I shouldn't have taken him, but as he loved his first game at the Amex on Sat I thought striking while the iron was hot was a good move...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

But you just KNOW we'll draw plucky little Plocklington -upon- Dross at home, which will be an opportunity to give some rarely used squad members a run out, and lose 1-0. We WOULD then have drawn Arsenal at the Emirates (win), Newcastle at home ( say no more), Everton at home (2-1), Manchester City in the semi final (win, obviously) and beaten Manchester United 5-0 in the final.

Damn !

In the good old days your best team played, and I'm fairly sure that in the early years of the League Cup teams were fined for NOT putting out their best team. I think Portsmouth suffered this fate when they sent a weakened team to beat us 5-1 in 1962. (though obviously a very good result against the best team in the world. Even their reserves.)

And I don't buy the guff about us not winning ( the cup ) so it's no big deal if we lose. And I don't believe building a winning habit in cups can damage league form ( and I know we got relegated in 1983, thanks).

Play your best players, as often as you can. Then if you lose you lose, and no what ifs.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Complete bo11ocks. Maybe rest two or three if you feel you must, but for heaven's sake, take every match seriously.
Winning is a habit; we've just lost it (and a dream home tie with Chelsea).

A home tie with Chelsea's second X1 is hardly a "dream".

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
My 6 yr old said exactly the same to me, never wants to go to Walsall again... Most of the singing was banter to be fair, but some (on both sides) went too far... In hindsight I shouldn't have taken him, but as he loved his first game at the Amex on Sat I thought striking while the iron was hot was a good move...

Some of their early chants were amusing and drew a few laughs. It did seem to go downhill quite quickly.

I live in Warwick and it is hard to get to Brighton for home matches so my son begged to go to a local game.

It is amusing that a poster on here has no issue with abuse but thinks stewards are out of order for making him walk an extra 80 yards to get home. Excellent.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It would be for Mr Bloom. Bet he's not happy this morning.

Just because Walsall drew Chelsea, it doesn't mean that if we had beaten them the outcome of the draw would have been Brighton vs Chelsea. Surely it would have been an entirely different set of circumstances, a different draw ... it will probably take an expert mathematician to answer this one.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post

It would be for Mr Bloom. Bet he's not happy this morning.

It would have been a sell out and full prices tickets too. TB will not be a happy bunny this morning.

Jul 21, 2015
Just because Walsall drew Chelsea, it doesn't mean that if we had beaten them the outcome of the draw would have been Brighton vs Chelsea. Surely it would have been an entirely different set of circumstances, a different draw ... it will probably take an expert mathematician to answer this one.

Didn't Bradford reach the final last year?. We've drawn Liverpool, Newcastle, Sunderland at home at the Amex and seem to draw big teams eventually. I bet Bloom was thinking like all other non prem teams that if we can make the 3rd round then it'll be a bumper pay day.

Isn't Mr Bloom an expert mathematician?

albionite

May 20, 2009

Numbers were pre done so yes we would of got Chelsea .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post

It would have been a sell out and full prices tickets too. TB will not be a happy bunny this morning.

Extra stewarding, extra trains & park/ride, extra policing - all in a midweek game. I suspect the profit would have been minimal. The big pay days are drawing the big four away at their grounds.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I prefer "Lets not see it again".

That combination is League 1 standard. None of them are good enough to take us where we want to be.

It is looking like we may have to be patient this season and accept that Burke's damage will take a bit longer than we hoped to put right.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm pleased we're out tbh! concentrate on promotion!

There are only a few clubs who can choose to ignore this competition. We are not one of them. We are far from being promotion contenders at the moment and losing that unbeaten momentum by fielding a massively weakened team is not going to help. Somebody dropped a bollock last night with the team selection and formation-let's hope he learned his lesson.

Albion fans (well, me at least) hate to see us lose any game, regardless of who it is we are playing. Tell those fans who schlepped up to Walsall on a Tuesday night that the competition doesn't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here