Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here - looking forward to Saturday

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
3rd time lucky? I was there in 1989. A goal down, equalised, playing well then went a goal down again, equalised quite late then got the winner. Was Penny still around? or am I getting confused.
Anyway, I'll settle for a narrow defeat to the Sadlers and a boring draw at the farmers' ground. Don't want to make too many early withdrawals from the Bank of Providence.

Kevin Bremner got the winner. I was there.

PG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He scored last saturday, an assist for Kayal in the week and a second assist this weekend for Lua Lua. How anyone can think he is just about maintaining his place is beyond me.
I don't think anyone shares his view. On anything.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Kevin Bremner got the winner. I was there.

PG

Beat me to it. Me and two mates went on the pitch and walked toward the away end to celebrate, got as far as the penalty area when Suffolk's finest decided they wanted to remove us...Took my piece of turf and legged it.Still got an old dryed up piece of Portman road in a bag in the loft.Happy days.

Stumpy Tim

Yeah I agree with all that, except to paraphrase Morrissey that some teams are shitter than others.

We're yet to be properly tested is what I'm saying.

Agree with that. Between them, the four teams we've played have mustered one win out of sixteen games. I don't think any of them have been particularly good. On the flip side, we've put them away so we've been effective enough

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Both of us off to a decent start for once.

Much changed from last season?

Thought you were useful when I went to yours towards back end of last season - seemed to be a bit of negativity around the place but you fully deserved the win that night.

Yes it makes a change to be off to a decent start. My partner is Ipswich and I am Brighton, so always difficult in our house. I am hoping he will be disappointed again. :lolol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I didn't say it did. We could preform well, lose by a single goal, and come away thinking we're a good side. Or we could be outplayed for the whole game, lose by 2 or 3, and think we're not very good. I think the start has flattered us a bit, and I'm not confident about Saturday.

Oo, this sounds intriguing professor, tell me more. Or, maybe you can see that I was not actually moaning at all, but just expressing concern. If you paid attention, you'd know I don't moan about our club much.

10 points from 12 remains an excellent haul of points. 22 clubs would happily swap places with us. 10 points from 5 games would still be promotion form. We are not the finished article, but that is not exceptional in the Champoinship in August. So unless there is a committee of attentive fans who are able to deduct us points, as the teams we have beaten so far, have not been worthy, I think it is a little premature to start hand wringing over a game we haven't even played yet and which is not going to define our season, if we lose.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
0c668ba63f246bd043ec2a7654ec49e9.jpg

Hope we give you a good stuffing

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why not go into Town? Loads of pubs and not a problem to get into ! :drink::drink:

You're kidding aren't you? Last time I went up there (season before last), every pub in the town centre was designated home fans only. The only pub which would let us in was that crap one by the station. We were stunned: it's not as though there was any reason to fear trouble. Very bizarre.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
You're kidding aren't you? Last time I went up there (season before last), every pub in the town centre was designated home fans only. The only pub which would let us in was that crap one by the station. We were stunned: it's not as though there was any reason to fear trouble. Very bizarre.

Plenty of boozers will have you. Will post some up nearer the time if you want, think I put some on an earlier post on this thread.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plenty of boozers will have you. Will post some up nearer the time if you want, think I put some on an earlier post on this thread.

Ta!

I've an awful lot of time for Mick McCarthy. Credit to the game. Less so for Ryan Fraser, who, whilst having plenty of ability, is an obnoxious little cheat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
10 points from 12 remains an excellent haul of points. 22 clubs would happily swap places with us. 10 points from 5 games would still be promotion form.
Obviously.

So unless there is a committee of attentive fans who are able to deduct us points, as the teams we have beaten so far, have not been worthy, I think it is a little premature to start hand wringing over a game we haven't even played yet and which is not going to define our season, if we lose.
I wasn't hand wringing, what is wrong with you? I said 'I think the start has flattered us a bit, and I'm not confident about Saturday' and you don't think that's a reasonable comment. It seems you want to argue when there really isn't anything to argue about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here