Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering - no water on the hottest day of the year

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is exactly my point.

My parenting skills are far from perfect.
But instead of blaming Sodexo for not having water, when I've screwed up in this very situation before, I've thought:-

'bollox I didn't take enough drink for such a hot day, god that's such bad parenting'.
Precisely. A summary of this event could be "Parent of the year, raspberry nominee, makes mistake and then compounds by stupidly informing a wider audience of his error." All very odd! In other news, I had too much Chinese last night and slept badly because Sodexo food ran out so I was starving having skipped breakfast. Clearly sodexos fault As I was expecting to luncheon at the Amex yesterday.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have a read of post #33. When you've taken your head out of your ar$e that is.

I'd stop digging if I were you...you've made two mistakes, three if you count abuse, and unless you contact the club directly that'll be no.4. Really that was all there was to it!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yes, I get the impression that Sodexho's business model is predicated on a fairly minimalist approach to staff training, which means that a lot depends on the common-sense and/or prior experience of the individual staff members themselves.

Dicks was a shambles early on yesterday.
They poured 3 pints of water before any guinness came out for my first pint!
Then a member of staff tried to put 2 glasses of wine into a pint glass wtf!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd stop digging if I were you...you've made two mistakes, three if you count abuse, and unless you contact the club directly that'll be no.4. Really that was all there was to it!

I can't make out if you're suggesting I do or don't contact the club but it's been pointed out on here numerous times that they are interested in the catering and travel threads as it affects the "matchday experience". Anyone reading this thread intelligently will already have gleaned that:

- the experience between stands, kiosks and individual servers is different. Might just highlight some training needs.
- some serious cash may be lost out on. Take the emotive bit out of my post (and kids do make you emotive) and you'll see that the club could have made a LOT more on drinks yesterday (and Paul Barber is very fond of telling people NOT to bring your own food and drink but to buy from the club).

Were you one of the guys that passed me wearing a "Dad of the year" t-shirt and clutching a 10 litre bottle of water? Couldn't move for 'em yesterday :rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't make out if you're suggesting I do or don't contact the club but it's been pointed out on here numerous times that they are interested in the catering and travel threads as it affects the "matchday experience". Anyone reading this thread intelligently will already have gleaned that:

- the experience between stands, kiosks and individual servers is different. Might just highlight some training needs.
- some serious cash may be lost out on. Take the emotive bit out of my post (and kids do make you emotive) and you'll see that the club could have made a LOT more on drinks yesterday (and Paul Barber is very fond of telling people NOT to bring your own food and drink but to buy from the club).

Were you one of the guys that passed me wearing a "Dad of the year" t-shirt and clutching a 10 litre bottle of water? Couldn't move for 'em yesterday :rolleyes:

OK, maybe you could have played your cards slightly differently, but total respect to you for doing your level best to keep your young son hydrated on the only fiercely hot day at the Amex that we're likely to get this side of next Summer or the Summer after. :clap2:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And this is exactly why you should never start a thread on NSC. Every clever arse in the world will be on your back in seconds.

1) We took bottled water on the train over and got some before kick off too but he wanted more and complained of being hot. It literally hadn't occurred to me that the kiosks would be out. The train journey over was also a pain in the butt because they loaded the 14.02 before the 13.52 and both left late. The air con only kicked in when the train left Brighton.

2) He asked me for a bottle of water so, rather than work out if there was a tap and if it was potable I went to another kiosk which had also run out. When I went back to say there wasn't any someone else shared theirs.

Thanks for the parenting advice., I'm sure you're all perfect and have never made a mistake in your lives. Enjoy queueing for 15 minutes only to get nothing of what you're after for the rest of the season because, if no one starts theses threads you'll get the shitty service you deserve.

You at the next home game when it's hot :)
Good luck with the WSU stairs.

image.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: Did anyone try/notice that the beer stand in WSU now offers you the ability to pre-book drinks for half time. Bit like Theatre bars for the interval.
If you pre-book then you just join a collect queue at half time and hand over a voucher.

Did anyone try it ? Did it work ? Did it reduce queues. ?
(I didn't try it in the end but it seemed like a smart idea)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

LOL! Fair play, game set GB. :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PS: Did anyone try/notice that the beer stand in WSU now offers you the ability to pre-book drinks for half time. Bit like Theatre bars for the interval.
If you pre-book then you just join a collect queue at half time and hand over a voucher.

Did anyone try it ? Did it work ? Did it reduce queues. ?
(I didn't try it in the end but it seemed like a smart idea)

Was that facility even advertised in any meaningful way? First I for one ever heard of it. Not seen anything on here either ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's hard to thing of the club being so money driven it gleefully rubs it's hands together selling water as fans are close to passing out.

That's certainly not the case in the ESL as I'd imagine all the free water being handed out probably stopped sales.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was that facility even advertised in any meaningful way? First I for one ever heard of it. Not seen anything on here either ???
Probably keeping it low key so they can see how it works.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

I don't know. Agreed. First i'd heard of it.
It was advertised prominently at that particular drinks stand at least. Perhaps they were just trying it out for the first time to see how it goes.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Are there discrete lines at the bar for Amex card holders? Think i saw it advertised in the programme but havent seen any at the ground

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Catering - no water on the hottest day of the year.....How about if the Headline was..Father takes eight year old for afternoon out on the hottest day of year without ensuring the lad has adequate to drink[/U]

What would people say then?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Catering - no water on the hottest day of the year.....How about if the Headline was..Father takes eight year old for afternoon out on the hottest day of year without ensuring the lad has adequate to drink[/U]

What would people say then?

You haven't read any of the posts have you:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here