Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering - no water on the hottest day of the year

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Catering - no water on the hottest day of the year.....How about if the Headline was..Father takes eight year old for afternoon out on the hottest day of year without ensuring the lad has adequate to drink[/U]

What would people say then?

That has already been debated. We all agreed after much discussion that it was perfectly rational to take a boy to the Amex assuming water would be available (which it was).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As an aside they've stopped selling sprite and started selling oasis instead as "it's healthy because it's not fizzy" and "a football league survey has shown it to be more popupar"...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This reminds me of a chap at the game yesterday who ranted at the staff member "HOW can you POSSIBLY run out of water on the HOTTEST DAY?"

To be fair, I imagine its quite easy. Bovril sales however, were probably HORRENDOUS.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
As an aside they've stopped selling sprite and started selling oasis instead as "it's healthy because it's not fizzy" and "a football league survey has shown it to be more popupar"...

So they've stopped selling Sprite on health grounds but they'll quite happily sell you a bottle of Coke ?
Beggars belief really, it's a football stadium not a school !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's hard to thing of the club being so money driven it gleefully rubs it's hands together selling water as fans are close to passing out.

That's certainly not the case in the ESL as I'd imagine all the free water being handed out probably stopped sales.

I went to a few house and techno clubs back in the day where you were banned from filling your water bottle up in the toilets even though it was technically illegal. For some reason the bars in those places never made much in those days :shrug:

I'm not saying for a minute that our football club is like that but Paul HAS gone on record to say it would help the club if we bought refreshments from them.

My first post may have been ranty and emotional but the point does remain,. If free water was being handed out in the East Lower then it should have been the same in every single stand, bar and concourse.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I went to a few house and techno clubs back in the day where you were banned from filling your water bottle up in the toilets even though it was technically illegal. For some reason the bars in those places never made much in those days :shrug:

I'm not saying for a minute that our football club is like that but Paul HAS gone on record to say it would help the club if we bought refreshments from them.

My first post may have been ranty and emotional but the point does remain,. If free water was being handed out in the East Lower then it should have been the same in every single stand, bar and concourse.

You stick to next year's marathon like you have done to this thread and you're home and dry.:lolol:
Churchillian effort. A good rant can't be beaten.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Id imagine it's par for the course over our side because we are the most effected, every year.

There was only one thing wrong with your first post, and all subsequent posts, that's the complete lack of personal accountability.
As said ive done exactly the same so I'm not putting myself on any pedestal.

Had you begun with 'f••• me I screwed up yesterday, and to make it worse...', I'm sure you'd have had a very different day on NSC.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You stick to next year's marathon like you have done to this thread and you're home and dry.:lolol:
Churchillian effort. A good rant can't be beaten.

I haven't run yet today. I had a Churchillian hangover this morning due to a 40th birthday last night and then the kids getting me up early. I will be much less grouchy when I've had one. Come about 8pm Hove seafront's getting a pounding :lolol:

(BTW feel free to thumb this one down too [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] , you're hilarious)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I haven't run yet today. I had a Churchillian hangover this morning due to a 40th birthday last night and then the kids getting me up early. I will be much less grouchy when I've had one. Come about 8pm Hove seafront's getting a pounding :lolol:

(BTW feel free to thumb this one down too [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] , you're hilarious)

Make sure you drink plenty of water.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As the biggest need for water yesterday was for the East Stand especially the lower including the Family Stand maybe the club prioritised its water resources there rather than the West which was completely in the shade ?

Didn't Stat Brother bring enough for everyone ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The ESL have always had pints of tap on the go through August and early Sept.

That said I still too 3 litres of squash with me.
Amazingly at kick off there was still loads of available seats in the shaded corner area.
We sat there until our seats were no longer hotter than the sun, in the second half.

Schoolboy error in season ticket choice there SB.

I remember the rain and baking hot sun experiences from the family stand at Withdean all too well, so carefully chose our season tickets for near the back of the stand for both shade and dryness :thumbsup:

I was so glad of that decision yesterday as I couldn't have taken 90 minutes in that sunshine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Schoolboy error in season ticket choice there SB.

I remember the rain and baking hot sun experiences from the family stand at Withdean all too well, so carefully chose our season tickets for near the back of the stand for both shade and dryness :thumbsup:

I was so glad of that decision yesterday as I couldn't have taken 90 minutes in that sunshine.

A bit of seat hopping had us in the shade all game, even with a welcome breeze coming through the NE corner.
I have no idea how some of the little ones lasted the whole game in the sun, Stat Club Jnrs would have gone up like Dracula on a trip to see the pyramids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here