Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My dads last game V Blackburn

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
With best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time. Delighted that this day from the club adds to the happy memories that you will be able to look back on as the sorry passes.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Difficult to add anything that hasn't been said already and better, but what a great day for all of you!

Some wonderful memories to hold on to in the tough times.

By the looks of things, I'm sure Bobby Zamora felt equally privileged to have met your dad.

And from your OP and photos, it feels like we have all met him too.

Thank you and please pass on all of our best wishes to him.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Really sorry to hear the news about your Dad. Glad he had a good time yesterday. My best wishes to you and your family.

I remember a great day out with my Dad and Bob at an FA Cup match in the 80's between Maidstone and Worthing, when both those clubs were high up in non league football.

I also remember him being very kind after my Durrington Cosmos team had just lost 20-0 against your Adur Athletic.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
Thanks for sharing that! So sorry for you and your family! BHA being true gents to a true gent, nice to see them giving back to real fans like your father!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Things like this make me so proud to support the club. All the best to your father,

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Im a Palace fan so dont have to much good to say about your club haha, but what an amazing gesture. Im glad (for your old man's sake lol) that you got the win.
Must be horrid news but a fantastic memory.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What an incredibly uplifting story. I remember my dads last game at the goldstone as he died at 52 and this story brought a tear to my eye. I hope you get to see your dad as long as possible and you are his strength.

Well done the albion too...and seeing des also is a welcome sight. I hadn't seen him for so long

Best regards

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Sorry to hear about your dad's condition. I'm glad he had such a special day. Lots of great memories created that your family can treasure over the years.

When family members go, such things can mean a lot.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm sorry to hear your father has such a terrible illness, my thoughts go out to him, you, your family and friends. That is an utterly wonderful thing for the club to do though, credit to every one of them.

theboybilly

Your whole family has been so kind to me since we got together up in the North West corner....you were out of sight on Saturday but most certainly not out of mind. Bob is a real gentlemen, not unlike my late Dad - I can't say more highly than that. We really must meet up for that beer in Shoreham.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Amazing. Really sorry about the news, brings a tear to the eye I'm not afraid to admit.. Best wishes to you and your family.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I don't know you or your dad, (only you from nsc) but genuinely wish you and your family all the best. Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here