Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Blackburn Match Ratings

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Personally think these marks look a little high to me.

Thought we were dire in the first half......

Stockdale - 9 - basically won us the game.
Bruno - 6 - poor for 30 mins then improved
Bong - 5.5 - shaky today at times and a little careless
Greer - 5 - Stinker - barely got off the ground and Bruno bailed him out twice.
Hunemeier - 7 - got stronger as the game went on.
Kayal - 7 - another who was a little sloppy, but he drove the team on.
Stephens - 6 - see Bruno
Murphy - 6.5 - showed promise, but faded
KLL - 6 - got the goal, but not as dangerous as previous.
Tomer - 6 - worked hard
Baldock - 6 - some good runs, but nothing special

March - 5 - should have set O'Grady up
Ince - 6 - did nothing wrong and won a couple of important headers
COG - N/A

Totally agree with comment and marks. Poor first half no cohesion, sloppy and blackburn on top. Stockdale motm.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This

Thought Hemed was shit. Pleased with Ewe. Watched him like a hawk today and he did everything right

Maybe he looked shit because once again the two players we employ to supply the service aren't doing the job!
Murphy far to narrow for me didn't impress!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Blackburn were quickest out of the blocks and first 20 mins we were under real pressure but stout defending and some sharp saves kept us in the game at times we played some very good football but it was a bit patchy

Stockdale-9 great game good positions grat saves good distribution was the MOTM

Bruno- 7 another good performance
Greer-7 tough up against big quick forwards chasing high balls but stood firm
Uwe-7 staring to settle in very nicely
Bong-7 not many raiding runs as the defence as a unit had a job to be done

Murphy-7 very impressive step up
Kayal-8 solid
Stephens-8 solid
LuaLua-8.5 solid gets an extra .5 for the goal

Hemed-6 trying to hard to score one good header that should have been on target one fantastic step over from baldock that he stood and admired but I think it's coming
Baldock-8 I thought he had a very good game starting to show us that he is a real danger at this level

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Why only just over 22.000?
Supporters not able to get to the ground?On the beach?watching the airshow?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why only just over 22.000?
Supporters not able to get to the ground?On the beach?watching the airshow?

It was probably less than that. Attendance announced is always tickets sold not people in the stadium. It was only just over 22,000 because we lost a little over 10% of season ticket holders from last season, so they're not included.

You also have the same thing as every August - kids off school so a lot of family holidays.

It didn't help that Blackburn only sold 563 tickets.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought we were pretty poor yesterday, not in the game for the first half an hour, Greer was very weak and I think Bong got caught out on a few occasions. I noticed the Murphy moved more central part way into the game which gave Blackburn more to think about in midfield.

Jury still out on Hemed for me, think he is more David Rodriguez rather than Leonardo Ulloa. COG has an argument to make about starting on present form IMO and I think COG is useless.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For 20 mins they were by far the better side. It was not pretty they had a player who could throw it half the length of the pitch and they used that to keep us under the cosh. 1 1v1 in this time when bong lost Conway and Stockdale made a very good early save.
Last 25 mins we got to grips with them and were the better footballing side scored and looked comfortable.
2nd half after their early 1v1 chance we were again the better side and carried a decent threat. Their keeper made 3 decent saves. We dealt with the throws much better as well. They had 1 late chance which really Gould have been buried.
Pretty even game in terms of chances but 2 contrasting styles. We defiantly were the better footballing side although with better finishing they could have got something from the game

Liking your ratings and report - a better read than anything Andy Naylor comes up with.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 8.5 Great saves, but his kicking wasn't as good today (how tall does he think Lualua is?), and Blackburn had a coupl of chances he could have done better with
Bruno - 8 Has been very good so far this season
Greer - 7
Huenemeier - 7
Bong - 7
Kayal - 7.5
Stephens - 7.5
Murphy - 7
Lualua - 7.5 Why does he never try to play the advantage? There were several occasions we could have been in very promising positions, but he just stopped dead forcing the ref to give a free kick rather than playing on and keeping the attack going.
Hemed - 6.5 Trying. Might be trying to be too flashy rather than just concentrating on scoring.
Baldock - 6.5 Unselfish play in the build up to the goal.

March - Really needs to work on his decision making. Third time, in two games I've seen him racing away on the break only to softly shoot rather than use the supporting attacker. Even if he just hits it across goal and no one gets on the end of it, it keeps the ball down in their half rather than gifting it back to the keeper to boot up the other end and put us back under pressure.
Ince - The only thing I noticed him do after coming on was argue with Greer
O'Grady - Looked like he was working hard in his brief cameo.

I still think we're allowing our opponents too much, which fortunately hasn't cost us yet, but that is partly down to the poor quality of out opposition.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale - 9 MoM Just doesn't look like being beaten at the moment. Helps that we have a defence again this season
Bruno - 9 Bloody superb
Greer - 7
Uwe - 7
Bong - 6.5 seemed to lose something after his knock
Kayal - 7
Stephens - 6.5
Murphy - 6.5
Kaz - 8 Another very good game but could do with going down less easily
Hemed - 6
Baldock - 6

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
March - Really needs to work on his decision making. Third time, in two games I've seen him racing away on the break only to softly shoot rather than use the supporting attacker. Even if he just hits it across goal and no one gets on the end of it, it keeps the ball down in their half rather than gifting it back to the keeper to boot up the other end and put us back under pressure.

It was a cross, it was just a poor one.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was part of the sponsorship team and it was between Lua Lua and Stockdale. Both deserved it but Lua Lua just edged it in the end not only for his goal but for a great game where everything he did was good. Kayal Bruno and Hemed were in the frame for a while

95% of the time at the Amex it's the goalscorer that gets the man of the match award (if we've scored obviously)
This is not a criticism of yesterday's award but sponsors don't seem able to look beyond a goal !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Even at this early stage it is becoming apparent that if we are to challenge then a huge factor will be how our front men perform this season. We'll need a big improvement with the ones we have or a new face coming in to make an impression. I am not convinced of Baldock personally although like I said its early days.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Stockdale - 8.5 Great saves, but his kicking wasn't as good today (how tall does he think Lualua is?), and Blackburn had a coupl of chances he could have done better with
Bruno - 8 Has been very good so far this season
Greer - 7
Huenemeier - 7
Bong - 7
Kayal - 7.5
Stephens - 7.5
Murphy - 7
Lualua - 7.5 Why does he never try to play the advantage? There were several occasions we could have been in very promising positions, but he just stopped dead forcing the ref to give a free kick rather than playing on and keeping the attack going.
Hemed - 6.5 Trying. Might be trying to be too flashy rather than just concentrating on scoring.
Baldock - 6.5 Unselfish play in the build up to the goal.

Ince - The only thing I noticed him do after coming on was argue with Greer
O'Grady - Looked like he was working hard in his brief cameo.

I still think we're allowing our opponents too much, which fortunately hasn't cost us yet, but that is partly down to the poor quality of out opposition.

Agree with those marks.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Even at this early stage it is becoming apparent that if we are to challenge then a huge factor will be how our front men perform this season. We'll need a big improvement with the ones we have or a new face coming in to make an impression. I am not convinced of Baldock personally although like I said its early days.
This.
We're a proper striker away from challenging this season. Without & some of these squeaky 1.0's will be 1.1's or 1.2's

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally think these marks look a little high to me.

Thought we were dire in the first half......

Stockdale - 9 - basically won us the game.
Bruno - 6 - poor for 30 mins then improved
Bong - 5.5 - shaky today at times and a little careless
Greer - 5 - Stinker - barely got off the ground and Bruno bailed him out twice.
Hunemeier - 7 - got stronger as the game went on.
Kayal - 7 - another who was a little sloppy, but he drove the team on.
Stephens - 6 - see Bruno
Murphy - 6.5 - showed promise, but faded
KLL - 6 - got the goal, but not as dangerous as previous.
Tomer - 6 - worked hard
Baldock - 6 - some good runs, but nothing special

March - 5 - should have set O'Grady up
Ince - 6 - did nothing wrong and won a couple of important headers
COG - N/A

That sums it up for me. Did anybody else notice Greer giving Ince a bollocking for something he either did or didnt do properly, he showed why he is captain.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
David Stockdale 9 He was outstanding in almost everything he did, and is setting a far higher standard.
Bruno 7 Solid performance, but not at his finest going forward with a few misplaced passes.
Gordon Greer 6 Untested and untroubled by a pathetic attack, but continues to be solid and our leader.
Uwe Hünemeier 7 A very good home debut all things considered, solid on the ball bar one misplaced pass and was dominant in the challenge.
Gaetan Bong 5 Poor performance, but he does his defensive work and LuaLua seems to trust him which is all that matters.
Jamie Murphy 6 Not involved in the game, but looked like a technical player which I like, he'll get better by the game!
Beram Kayal 8 He's just wonderful and he'll only get better by the game. Such a top quality player.
Dale Stephens 8 Fluid, and has a proper understanding with Kayal which is a massive benefit in a 4-4-2.
Kazenga LuaLua 8 When he embraces the desire to just run fast, he's a danger.
Sam Baldock 5 I doubt he'll have ever played as badly as he did yesterday, poor performance.
Tomer Hemed 6 Not involved at all, he'll play better than that.

Subs
Solly March 6 Not given long enough to make an impact.
Rohan Ince 6 Saw the game out, that was all that was required.
Chris O'Grady 4 Poor, poor player.

A good solid win against an awful team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tomer Hemed 6 Not involved at all, he'll play better than that.

Other than taking half of our shots.

Subs
Solly March 6 Not given long enough to make an impact.
Chris O'Grady 4 Poor, poor player.

March was on the field for 16 minutes and you say that isn't enough time to make an impact. O'Grady had 7 minutes - less than half the amount of time that was 'not long enough to make an impact' and you've decided he rates a 4.

Methinks your ratings are more overtly tinged by your own bias than a lot of others' ratings.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Other than taking half of our shots.

March was on the field for 16 minutes and you say that isn't enough time to make an impact. O'Grady had 7 minutes - less than half the amount of time that was 'not long enough to make an impact' and you've decided he rates a 4.

Methinks your ratings are more overtly tinged by your own bias than a lot of others' ratings.

And I think that's remarkably rude. Hemed wasn't involved (apart from shanking "shots" nowhere the goal), that's why he's getting 6s pretty much across the board, you yourself gave him a 6.5. You also have copied my way of setting out the ratings, don't think I haven't noticed that in recent weeks and I've been doing it since I joined in with this tradition of rating the players. I gave my ratings, and you can agree/disagree as you please, but your comment there was very rude.

If I'm biased against O'Grady, it's because he's completely useless and so out of place in our team it's not even funny. It pisses me off that he's earning a crazy amount of money, and that I'm partially contributing to funding him - he doesn't deserve anything like what we're paying him and if I choose to expect better from someone on his salary, then so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here