Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Blackburn Match Ratings

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Stockdale - 9 MOTM Two great 1on1 saves. Much improved. Long may it continue

Bruno - 8 Shone in the sunshine
Greer - 7 Solid enough
Uwe - 7 Iffy start where he seemed to spend a lot of time on his arse. Grew into the game. Commanding in the air
Bong - 6.5 Did ok. Another left back better in the opposition half than defending? Hopefully not

Murphy - 6.5 Few nice touches but tended to drift infield a bit too much thereby losing us width
Kayal - 7.5 Another solid performance
Stephens - 8.5 Bossed the midfield and a lot of the game
Kaz - 9 I'm biased! I love watching him play. Worked so hard again. Impressive.

Hemed - 7 Worked hard. Tried hard. Just needs that first strike from open play and hopefully the floodgates will open
Baldock - 6.5 Limited opportunities. Not convinced the front pair have clicked just yet.

Subs

Ince - 7 Solid. Did his job well
COG - 6.5 The world loves a trier!
March - 5.5 Disappointing.

Ref - 8 Easy game really but did it well. Nothing to argue about.

Blackburn - They were big. Apart from that...................nothing much.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 9

Bruno 8
Bong 6
Greer 7
Uwe 7

Kayal 6
Stephens 7
Lua Lua 7
Murphy 7

Hemed 7
Baldock 6

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Agreed. hunnemeier looks to be a great find, and I love Hemed's attitude. Blackburn were horrible. We're looking good.

But Stockdale made 2 1 v 1 saves, and 2 more good saves too?

I didn't go, were we the better team, or did we just win because of Stockdale?

For 20 mins they were by far the better side. It was not pretty they had a player who could throw it half the length of the pitch and they used that to keep us under the cosh. 1 1v1 in this time when bong lost Conway and Stockdale made a very good early save.
Last 25 mins we got to grips with them and were the better footballing side scored and looked comfortable.
2nd half after their early 1v1 chance we were again the better side and carried a decent threat. Their keeper made 3 decent saves. We dealt with the throws much better as well. They had 1 late chance which really Gould have been buried.
Pretty even game in terms of chances but 2 contrasting styles. We defiantly were the better footballing side although with better finishing they could have got something from the game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally think these marks look a little high to me.

Thought we were dire in the first half......

Stockdale - 9 - basically won us the game.
Bruno - 6 - poor for 30 mins then improved
Bong - 5.5 - shaky today at times and a little careless
Greer - 5 - Stinker - barely got off the ground and Bruno bailed him out twice.
Hunemeier - 7 - got stronger as the game went on.
Kayal - 7 - another who was a little sloppy, but he drove the team on.
Stephens - 6 - see Bruno
Murphy - 6.5 - showed promise, but faded
KLL - 6 - got the goal, but not as dangerous as previous.
Tomer - 6 - worked hard
Baldock - 6 - some good runs, but nothing special

March - 5 - should have set O'Grady up
Ince - 6 - did nothing wrong and won a couple of important headers
COG - N/A

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very poor first 10-15 mins when we gave their long-throw experts plenty of opportunities to cause havoc in our penalty area. Lucky not to be one or two down after the first quarter of an hour. We improved considerably after that mostly by passing to our own players. It really works!

Stockdale 8. MOM. A number of key saves which kept us in the game, and some good punches in the second half. Distribution a bit wayward at times.
Bruno 8. Shaky early on, but then back to his very best with one or two quite brilliant flicks.
Uwe 7. Good solid defensive display plus some decent distribution. Not sure he's as good as Dunk, though.
Greer 6. Very shaky first 15 minutes. Not up to the standards he reached in the earlier games.
Bong 6. Needs to improve his passing.
Stephens 8. Best I've seen from him this season.
Kayal 8. Couple of misplaced passes, otherwise a strong performance.
Murphy 6. Didn't see much of the ball in the first half. Drifted inside too much for my liking. Better than March? We'll see.
Lua Lua 8. Another great performance and another very good goal. Sometimes, particularly towards the end of the second half, he ran into trouble when he could have passed.
Hemed 7. Worked hard. Deserved a goal.
Baldock 7. Also worked hard, but could have made more of a couple of chances.

Subs:
March 6. Needs to make better use of the ball.
Ince 7. Did exactly what was asked of him.
COG 7. Ditto.

Manager 8. Shows how useful it is to have the same manager throughout the summer!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was part of the sponsorship team and it was between Lua Lua and Stockdale. Both deserved it but Lua Lua just edged it in the end not only for his goal but for a great game where everything he did was good. Kayal Bruno and Hemed were in the frame for a while

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
I was part of the sponsorship team and it was between Lua Lua and Stockdale. Both deserved it but Lua Lua just edged it in the end not only for his goal but for a great game where everything he did was good. Kayal Bruno and Hemed were in the frame for a while

Stockdale for me! Kept us in the game, very confident, 2 great 1 on 1's saved and a great one handed stop in the first 10!

Lua Lua for me did well and the only way he would edge MOM was his fantastic goal celebration!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 9 Great saves today

Bruno 8 He's keeping Rosenior out with great skills
Bong 7 solid
Greer 7 led well today
Uwe 7 slipped in the first couple of minutes but improved after that

Kayal 8 He is the opposite of the prima donnas you see on the pitch. Should have had treatment twice but got up again. Man of steel
Stephens 7 worked hard
Lua Lua 8 took his goal well
Murphy 7 wasn't afraid to run at defenders.

Hemed 7 Such a shame their keeper got his fingertips to palm away his shot onto the post.
Baldock 6 looked a bit lost today especially when the ball dropped at his feet in the 6 yard box

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Personally think these marks look a little high to me.

Thought we were dire in the first half......

Stockdale - 9 - basically won us the game.
Bruno - 6 - poor for 30 mins then improved
Bong - 5.5 - shaky today at times and a little careless
Greer - 5 - Stinker - barely got off the ground and Bruno bailed him out twice.
Hunemeier - 7 - got stronger as the game went on.
Kayal - 7 - another who was a little sloppy, but he drove the team on.
Stephens - 6 - see Bruno
Murphy - 6.5 - showed promise, but faded
KLL - 6 - got the goal, but not as dangerous as previous.
Tomer - 6 - worked hard
Baldock - 6 - some good runs, but nothing special

March - 5 - should have set O'Grady up
Ince - 6 - did nothing wrong and won a couple of important headers
COG - N/A

Spot on for me

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
WOW, there are some 'blue and white' tinted views today!!

Stockdale - 8. MOM. Two great 1 on 1's but also a couple of flappy punches. I would say he won us the points today.
Bruno - 8 having an Indian Summer!
Bong - 6.5 plenty on attacking intent. Caught out of position a couple of times which could have been costly but for Stockdale.
Uwe - 7 solid home debut. Won lots in the air.
Greer - 6.5 gets beaten in the air to much.
Kayal - 7 forming an excellent partnership with Stephens
Stephens - 7 passing a bit wayward at times.
Murphy - 6.5 another assured home debutant. When he's up to speed he'll be dangerous.
KLL - 7 he was up against a winger playing full back today and should of 'had a go' more. Lucky with his goal. Great acrobatics though!
Baldock - 5 up until today I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sorry, but league 1 striker at best. Wanted too much time. Completely miss hit a second half effort. Knocked off the ball easily.
Hemed - 5 huffed and puffed. Had 2 excellent chances to score and woefully missed both. I prey this was just a bad day at the office.

Subs
March - 6 a good counter attack. No end product.
Ince - 6 didn't see him really!
COG - 6 ran the clock down when Hemed tired.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Stockdale - 8. MOM. Two great 1 on 1's but also a couple of flappy punches. I would say he won us the points today.
Bong - 6.5 plenty on attacking intent. Caught out of position a couple of times which could have been costly but for Stockdale.
Murphy - 6.5 another assured home debutant. When he's up to speed he'll be dangerous.
KLL - 7 he was up against a winger playing full back today and should of 'had a go' more. Lucky with his goal. Great acrobatics though!
Baldock - 5 up until today I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sorry, but league 1 striker at best. Wanted too much time. Completely miss hit a second half effort. Knocked off the ball easily.
Hemed - 5 huffed and puffed. Had 2 excellent chances to score and woefully missed both. I prey this was just a bad day at the office.

Subs

This

Thought Hemed was shit. Pleased with Ewe. Watched him like a hawk today and he did everything right

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Subs

So Zamora would be a starter for you?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Stockdale - 9 - can't fault an excellent and confident performance which included 2 do-or-die moments. He Did.
Bruno - 7.5 - One early moment which put the team in utter peril. After which he began to excel. Some truly beautiful play once tuned-in, admittedly.
Greer - 6.5 - Thank God for .5 being acceptable. Wouldn't know what to do otherwise. Solid with one or two noticeable lapses.
Hune - 7 - Similar thoughts to others - took 20 minutes to turn up, looked good afterwards. Some posters more aware of passing than I apparently - seemed fine.
Bong - 6.5 - Beautiful shimmy entertained us all. Thrilled his final decision was to press on (took everyone by surprise I think) but one or two sloppy moments resulting in danger.
Murphy - 7 - Wow some harsh judges here I think. Looks a real player. Seriously wipe clean your glasses if you think this guy isn't a superior winger. Look forward to him changing games, which looks well within his capabilities.
Stephens - 7 - Good to see him looking solid. Can improve I'm sure. Composed, quality.
Kayal - 8 - Has he been beyond exceptional in the games I've not seen? Only way I can tolerate him receiving less than 8 today - absolutely excellent midfielder. King Kayal. Warrior. Superb. Class! If he was below his usual standard today then WOW.
Lua Lua - 7.5 - Kaz doing his thing. Still would prefer more end product but he is a constant thorn in the opposition's side, and a goal machine. Only marked down a little for those moments when his faith in taking it past the man might be better replaced with a simple pass.
Hemed - 6 - Some quality touches. No gilt-edged chances. A difficult one - hope to see him receive better service perhaps.
Baldock - 7 - 7 for the unselfish assist (reminded me of Euro 96 - I think you know the goal!) but otherwise not a very memorable performance. Again - no gilt-edged chances to condemn him for missing, nor stellar and unlikely play to make something from nothing.

Hughton - 8 - Can't believe we have people on here complaining about defensive substitutions. The difference being that previous managers have seemed to be 'playing at' defensive substitutions, resulting in never-ending pressure on our team. Hughton seems to know how to make the policy WORK. Just my opinion. He shut the game down where pretenders would have failed. (OK i know they had a final headed opportunity... but the team nevertheless felt secure, and did not concede ground in the cause of 'defense' as I have previously seen)

Ince - 7 - did his job and did it well
COG - 7 - as above
March - 6 - good outlet, shitty end product on this occasion, annoyingly. will improve.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959263/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brighton-Blackburn

Look under Match Centre.

They seem about right. I don't think we dealt with the aerial threat as well as last season.

I'm in East Stand F near the away end. There were some sticky moments. Notably when Conway faced Greer and Greer fouled him as he hasn't a clue how to stop him otherwise.

A special mention to Lualua who had three men him a lot of time like Teixeira did in the first half and he did not lose the ball nearly as much as Tex. Was just as creative and scored. Scope for him to get even better. I feel much enthusiastic about Bong on the ball than I did Joe Bennett.

I thought Conway gave Bruno more problems than Antonio and both wingers more problems than others.

I thought we missed Dunk and a good job it was Duffy and not Rhodes or Gestede with the header at the death.

I though Ince should have been brought on for Murphy earlier. I would have been tempted to start Ince knowing how good Blackburn were aerially.

Stockdale was influential with one or more crucial saves. MOM ahead of Lualua and Bruno.

First time I had seen Uwe Hünemeier and I think Dunk would be a better partner than Greer. Although, I would be inclined to use all three against Ipswich.

I hope the crowd appreciated the possession play was needed near the end on a hot day. As a defensive tactic. It nearly backfired though if it wasn't for Stockdale. Hemed and Kayal have shown a bit of turn of pace when needed. O'Grady did fine when he was on.

I thought the rigid 4-4-2 was decidely unsuccessful in the first 20 minutes. On a hot day, it may have been best though as 4-3-3 requires more running around.

I envisaged this match as a barometer for the season. But the heat somewhat kyboshed this.

Murphy did not impress me.

Last edited:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Stockdale for me and the majority of fans it seems.

One day the sponsors will get it right.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here