Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus greatest XI

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Kuszczak should be nowhere near that list. Good keeper but nothing like a great.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
While I don't disagree with your answer, I disagree with your reason.

My best players have been when we were in Division 3.

Gummit, Ward, Mellor, Nobby and then 10 years later

Keeley, Rougvie, Dublin, Bremner and Nelson.

Fantastic times.

Fantastic times maybe, but does it not follow that, (Peter Ward apart), players who have performed in Divisions One and Two, would be better than those who appeared in Division Three?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Brighton have never had a midfielder, or captain, that has even been close to Nobby Horton, one of the finest ever.

Whilst agreeing that he wasn't quite up to Nobby's standard, may I make honourable mention of Danny Wilson? Often forgotten by Albion fans, but he captained the side and ran the midfield in a very good Albion side in the second division.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
Tony Grealish deserves a mention as well, wouldn't make my team but was similar to Horton. Also agree with Case as second midfielder and whilst I can't stand the man Gregory was very good and is a shout for right back. Put Mike Robinson on the bench as well.

Frank Worthington probably one of the most skilful players although his work rate was bit underwhelming. Surprised Joe Corrigan hasn't been mentioned. The list could go on but the problem with these polls is the generation issue - a decreasing number of people to remember the stars of yesteryear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here