Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cilla Black Funeral

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I don't understand why her album has re entered the charts at number one? It sounds exactly the same as it did before she died, and nobody wanted it then!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, she should have mentioned it.

Found it a bit nauseating yesterday when the media & local onlookers went on about what a proud Liverpudlian she always was, and how she was "coming home".

So proud, she lived in Berkshire for fifty odd years, presumably.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst I too don't like the media hype, I don't see this as an excuse to have a go at a recently deceased lady.

She seemed quite a nice woman to me and that should be good enough. No need for people that never met her to slaughter her on here after her death. Get a grip people.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Found it a bit nauseating yesterday when the media & local onlookers went on about what a proud Liverpudlian she always was, and how she was "coming home".

There is little point of being a proud scouser in Liverpool is there. You have to get out their a spread the word....... She was a missionary.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whilst I too don't like the media hype, I don't see this as an excuse to have a go at a recently deceased lady.

She seemed quite a nice woman to me and that should be good enough. No need for people that never met her to slaughter her on here after her death. Get a grip people.

I find it a touch ironic that people make such a big deal of complaining about people making such a big deal of celebrity deaths. Seems to happen every time.

I blame the social media generation ???

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Saw on the news the (now increasingly familiar) pictures of people throwing flowers on the hearse as it passed by. Yes, it doesn't do any harm, but people doing that really want to have a word with themselves.

It seems like it is no longer enough simply to pay your respects in a dignified way; no, you have to demonstrate how much you care. I blame the Facebook "hun" generation. (Although as I'm not on Facebook, I could be wrong).

Vapid munters, the lot of them.

Nonsense, there's nothing new about this kind of reaction. Look at the death of Diana, look at the masses gathered outside Graceland the night Elvis died hell, some fans even killed themselves after John Lennon was shot.

Yes, yes she was 'just a TV presenter' but she meant a lot to many people before, I might add, facebook even existed. She may not have been a world icon but why should her fans feel they have to reign in their emotions just because of her stature?

Had I been around when Lennon died I would have been pretty bummed out, maybe not 'throwing flowers at a hearse' sad but upset nonetheless. If Cilla Black meant the same to these people as the Beatles' music means to me then why should I care how they chose to mourn her?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
G
Nonsense, there's nothing new about this kind of reaction. Look at the death of Diana, look at the masses gathered outside Graceland the night Elvis died hell, some fans even killed themselves after John Lennon was shot.

Yes, yes she was 'just a TV presenter' but she meant a lot to many people before, I might add, facebook even existed. She may not have been a world icon but why should her fans feel they have to reign in their emotions just because of her stature?

Had I been around when Lennon died I would have been pretty bummed out, maybe not 'throwing flowers at a hearse' sad but upset nonetheless. If Cilla Black meant the same to these people as the Beatles' music means to me then why should I care how they chose to mourn her?
For my generation, she was a pop star, not just a TV presenter.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

What a load of bollox, so she moved away for work , so what ? such a smalltown attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here