Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vydra - Forest and other Championship Clubs

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Colunga is on more than 15k a week...?!?!?! Assuming that's true, that's MENTAL!

I am always dubious of people saying how much a player is on though, as find it hard to imagine anyone would openly disclose their salary to people...

Players boast/gossip more than you'd think. Course they may not tell the truth, I suppose.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Players boast/gossip more than you'd think. Course they may not tell the truth, I suppose.

Yeh maybe. Either way if he's on 7k a week or more we need rid asap... As he doesn't seem in CH plans...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's a good player...it just hasn't worked.

Oh I'm sure there's a decent player there somewhere, it's a shame it didn't work out. That's just a lot of money when you think we were paying less than that for Darren Bent/Wayne Bridge etc etc.

This is also very true. Kemy Agustein was quite happy to tell others on a night out (he went on quite a few), that he was on around 15k a week. I see nobody has taken him on yet.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Oh I'm sure there's a decent player there somewhere, it's a shame it didn't work out. That's just a lot of money when you think we were paying less than that for Darren Bent/Wayne Bridge etc etc.

This is also very true. Kemy Agustein was quite happy to tell others on a night out (he went on quite a few), that he was on around 15k a week. I see nobody has taken him on yet.

:facepalm: With that lump of shit gone and CMS off to chase a stick in Luton (plus the other releases) we've saved ourselves around £100k pw already this summer.
No knowledge to back it up, but imagine we still have around £30k pw to play with and that's not accounting for the increase in budget this season.

Does put people like Vydra (who, even with a promotion increase, won't be on more than £20k) within range.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You've upset me!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Still shudder when I remember him giving our defence, and El-Abd in particular, a 10 yard headstart but still easily raced away and scored at the Amex.

For the brave, skip to 3:00 here.

[yt]kKmBvyKSIwA[/yt]

The bloke's reflection as he films that creeps me out. Half expected him to start.... y'know.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think I must be in the minority on this one . I don't actually think he is that good a player.

I know he has scored a lot of goals but every time i have seen a 90 minute match hes been playing, he has never really stood out but I cant really argue with his goal record

Are you old enough tto have seen Jimmy Greaves play? He used to do nothing for 80 mins of a match but score 2 goals in the other 10. I could watch Vydra do noithing all game and still score 2 goals all day long.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still shudder when I remember him giving our defence, and El-Abd in particular, a 10 yard headstart but still easily raced away and scored at the Amex.

For the brave, skip to 3:00 here.

[yt]kKmBvyKSIwA[/yt]
Yep, when you've got a slow defence against a lightening attack, the best tactic is to play the offside trap in your own half :facepalm: What was Gus on?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you old enough tto have seen Jimmy Greaves play? He used to do nothing for 80 mins of a match but score 2 goals in the other 10. I could watch Vydra do noithing all game and still score 2 goals all day long.

Very sensible point, BG. Still, Ramsey opted for Hurst in the end....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Would be great, maybe our current position on the league table, I know it's only a few games in, may make possible signings take us more seriously.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Twitter link with us reported on the Albert Adomah thread by one of our eagle-eyed brethren. Would be a very very good signing. Terrifies defences. Scores goals.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
To be honest there is very little significance in the betting market as it's only Chandler offering prices and they won't take more than a token bet on these markets. It's just mildly interesting that we have appeared in the betting as favourites and the teams more widely linked previously are bigger prices. There may be nothing in it but I really hope not. IF he is available then it would seem to be the proverbial no brainer that we'd be interested.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Where has this come from apart from people on NSC saying they would like him I've seen no reports linking us. Not even a mention of us on the watfords forum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here