Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 6 years to the day since......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
1 Kuipers
02 Whing
04 Elphick
06 El-Abd
23 Virgo
07 Cox
08 Navarro (Thornhill 74)
11 McLeod
20 Crofts
24 Smith (Smith 41)
10 Dickinson (Forster 71)
Substitutes
22 Smith, 12 Tunnicliffe, 18 Dicker, 19 Wright, 21 Thornhill, 09 Forster, 25 Davies

What a team, only one still at Brighton. Who the hell was Thornhill? It was only six years ago and I can't remember him at all

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Who would have thought that in 6 short years Tommy Elphick would be scoring against Liverpool.............................I know it was disallowed, but still.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
1 Kuipers
02 Whing
04 Elphick
06 El-Abd
23 Virgo
07 Cox
08 Navarro (Thornhill 74)
11 McLeod
20 Crofts
24 Smith (Smith 41)
10 Dickinson (Forster 71)
Substitutes
22 Smith, 12 Tunnicliffe, 18 Dicker, 19 Wright, 21 Thornhill, 09 Forster, 25 Davies

What a team, only one still at Brighton. Who the hell was Thornhill? It was only six years ago and I can't remember him at all

Thornhill was a loanee from Forest.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Certainly was. He was garbage

Completely expunged from my memory: he must have been shocking.

Was this the season where we played Stockport a few weeks later and the Hawk got sent off, a few minutes after coming on?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Was this the season where we played Stockport a few weeks later and the Hawk got sent off, a few minutes after coming on?

I'm fairly sure that was the season before under Micky. This particular game was the start of the downfall of Slade, who was sacked in October, to be replaced by Gus.

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
Currently on holiday reading The No Where Men about football scouts (think it was a tip from here) - Barry Lloyd talks about Liam Dickenson saying all the stats and info said we shouldn't sign him. Slade wanted him so ignored the advice and signed him on a big contract. Within weeks they were trying to ship out on loan as he was truly dire

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

Yes - another Graeme Smith masterclass that day and arguably one of the funniest things I have seen happen while watching Brighton. In fact, if you were to compile a top 10 of funny moments I imagine the Hawk would feature in at least a third. Starting with that own goal against Hartlepool

D

Deleted User X18H

I mentioned this to Mr Hughton yesterday he seemed a bit taken aback .
It's about 2:09 on Player !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who would have thought that in 6 short years Tommy Elphick would be scoring against Liverpool.............................I know it was disallowed, but still.

To be fair he scored against Villa only a season later (?)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I remember that game well. I was not there but working in Montreal. Because of the time zone it was being played during my working day. I used to get the goals texted to my phone. The guy I was working with could not understand why with every ping of my phone, my mood was getting darker and darker and the language getting worse.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I was there with my GF, who hadn't ever been to a Brighton match before... It took me a long time to get her back to another game anytime soon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here