Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshall/Murphy/Buckley/Bennett

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He won't join us for two reasons:

1) We're too far from Scotland and he has a baby.
2) Although we've been in the Championship for the last 4 seasons (and in the playoffs for 2 of those) while Sheffield Utd have been in League 1, Brighton would be a backwards step from Utd, and they are more likely to be in the Championship next year than us.

I know this to be true, as I have checked out http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/brighton-in-for-murphy.40328/
That was an interesting read.

I don't think the Sheffield fans are aware of how much our club has grown over the last few years. Mind you we haven't played them since 2006 so perhaps that isn't surprising.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That was an interesting read.

I don't think the Sheffield fans are aware of how much our club has grown over the last few years. Mind you we haven't played them since 2006 so perhaps that isn't surprising.

They seem over-confident that he won't be leaving.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

2) Although we've been in the Championship for the last 4 seasons (and in the playoffs for 2 of those) while Sheffield Utd have been in League 1, Brighton would be a backwards step from Utd, and they are more likely to be in the Championship next year than us.

I know this to be true, as I have checked out http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/brighton-in-for-murphy.40328/
All true but don't forget we are a 'dire' club apparently.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Maybe they rate our chances of going up :jester:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe they rate our chances of going up :jester:
Maybe :)

It's weird how far behind the times some fans are. We're well supported, well financed, and we've been above them for 4 / 5 years. And we're trying to buy their best player, but he wouldn't be our best player. You'd have to be fairly deluded to think it's even a sideways move, let alone a backwards one.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Maybe :)

It's weird how far behind the times some fans are. We're well supported, well financed, and we've been above them for 4 / 5 years. And we're trying to buy their best player, but he wouldn't be our best player. You'd have to be fairly deluded to think it's even a sideways move, let alone a backwards one.

Reminds me of Swindon fans who claimed Gordon Greer was taking a massive backwards step when joining us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'd make the same comments if Kayal signed for Bournemouth.

It is the law of football transfers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murphy story for £2mil seems to have re surfaced on Twitter but just seems to be from their fans - not sure on original source of this. Tweets range from the unfunny 'I'll drive him there myself' to 'I'll return my season ticket if we sell him'. So fickle is football.

He's only a (diehard) fan but well, we do need someone!

https://twitter.com/TBoneCoalAston/status/631929889566928896

Fair play to that Sheff Utd fan - seems to be the first today to say it's going to happen :thumbsup:.. Also to [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] who's been confident of this one going through all Summer :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here