Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering tonight

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
We sent all 10 meals back as it was undercooked and cold, it was embarrassing to take guests to the club tonight having previously said they were finally getting the catering side right.

They sent a 'manager' to schmooze us at half time, when we were eventually eating our main course, but that won't detract from the fact that we won't pay for last night, end of story.

Given everything is up for renewal at the end of the season, 1901, lounges, boxes etc, not the best of starts. ��

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The C&O pasty was very big and heavy. It felt like a lot of food for the money, but that's where the good news ends.

I want to be constructive and suggest why it was so bad, but I'm struggling. It was simply like no other C&O pasty I've ever had. It didn't seem to be short on seasoning but, despite that, it seemed bland and flavourless. Not enough cheese perhaps? The filling was a beige brown and not the creamy/yellow colour I think most C&O pasties are.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try one again next time, in the hope the recipe is improved but if it's the same, and there are no veggie pies any more, then that will be me done for Amex food until something changes again.

It could have been worse for you my mum ordered one of these last night. Took a bite and it was a cornish pasty. Luckily she is NOT a veggie, but could have been a problem.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It could have been worse for you my mum ordered one of these last night. Took a bite and it was a cornish pasty. Luckily she is NOT a veggie, but could have been a problem.

I feel worried now. Would I have noticed?

I thought the C&O was the only pasty they were doing.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All good in the seven stars and east lower. The chicken and chorizo pie is a thing of beauty. I still don't like Harveys!

You must have got the one pie with chorizo in it then. Just dry chicken and tomato sauce in mine. Bloody awful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I feel worried now. Would I have noticed?

I thought the C&O was the only pasty they were doing.

Regular meat Cornish pasties are "beige brown"

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I tweeted piglets about the cheese and onion pasty and have had a very polite reply to say they will have a debrief with the club this week. Another person I know got a polite emailbsaying similar but adding that after 4 years it was decided to try something different

I'm not a vegetarian but my wife and kids are. Since the Amex opened, the 3 vegetarian options (noodles, pie and veggie burger) have reduced to 1 (pies) and now that has been replaced by something that was inedible. Hard, bland, dry and hideously overpriced. You could cope with 2 out of 4 of those but not all 4.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
After a 6 hour drive to get to the game, I was looking forward to my normal veggie pie. I discovered that this was now going to be a cheese & onion pasty, not delighted about this but decided to give it a go. Queued pre-match in the North Stand about 40 minutes before kick off to be told that all the pasties had sold out and there was no vegetarian food available. Not happy at all.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I hadn't eaten since 11 and tried a chorizo and chicken. £4 something so expected good things. My first bite resulted in boiling water running down my hand and going all over my trousers. I then tipped it upside down to drain what seemed an astonishing amount of water out so I could eat it. No argument with the pastry and quite tasty but only 1 piece of chicken and zero chorizo.
It was soup in a pastry cup.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sausage rolls were very good. Not sure £4.10 worth but one of the best things I've eaten up inside the AMEX.

How big are the sausage rolls are they a decent size as I am not having the awful rock hard pastry with a spoonful of cheese and onion again.

Piglets really should go to fulham next saturday to sample the Cottage Pie, was the best thing I had eaten all season home and away

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How big are the sausage rolls are they a decent size as I am not having the awful rock hard pastry with a spoonful of cheese and onion again.

Piglets really should go to fulham next saturday to sample the Cottage Pie, was the best thing I had eaten all season home and away

Very big, and absolutely excellent. Hot, crispy pastry, very stuffed with filling which was really tasty. At least as filling as a pie.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Very filling more so than the pies. Nice layer of pastry which was nice and crispy. Was very very good

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Upper west stand catering at half time

I know this is probably the most-threaded topic on NSC, but why oh why does it take 15 f*******g minutes
to get served a drink in WSU bar at half-time.

The catering staff seem to be half dead and there is no urgency about they way they shuffle around
the area like effing morons.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You were lucky. A mate queued for the same amount of time to get ours, only to be told when he got to the front there was no lager left. :nono:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try one again next time, in the hope the recipe is improved but if it's the same, and there are no veggie pies any more, then that will be me done for Amex food until something changes again.

You feel for our Vegan pals as well, no options at all

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Sorry to keep banging on but a "beer only" queue (with beers pre-poured) would zip along.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
A beer only stand with lots of staff, pre pored beers, contact less payments only, would solve it. But they could have done that years ago. They don't care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here