Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Hudson

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just had a call from somebody working at one of his relatives house in Guildford who was told he is signing for us, an experienced CB. Dont know how good and accurate it is just thought I would pass it on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Decent player. Pretty much ever present (and captain) at Huddersfield, but a move back South at his age makes sense for him.

Would prefer someone younger though, for sure.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just had a call from somebody working at one of his relatives house in Guildford who was told he is signing for us, an experienced CB. Dont know how good and accurate it is just thought I would pass it on.

Serious question. Have any of your tips or rumours re players come to the Albion ever come true???

You do seem to do it a lot so law of averages and all that :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Serious question. Have any of your tips or rumours re players come to the Albion ever come true???

Think what you like I got the call just passing it on if it is of interest so be it if not ignore it and put it down to a rambling old man. The answer to your question is in the past many have but not so involved now, hence I still get phone calls about players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

:lolol:

I must admit, I read his post, found it interesting, and then thought "such a pity it was from perma-wrong BensGrandad". But who knows, maybe one day he'll get something right?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'm 100% behind BG on this one. Hudson IS from Guildford, and we do need a CB so all the bits are realistic, and BG clearly states that its just something he's heard, and is not claiming its necessarily reliable or otherwise. the kind of thing football messageboards where made for!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Never heard of him but I'm useless with players.

He seems to be getting into coaching.

[tweet]626772570487001088[/tweet]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
At least it's not off the FootballRumours site
He was good with Palace. Better with Cardiff.
Great cover for Greer as the experienced partner for Dunk/Rea if it happened.

Keep 'em coming BG :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm 100% behind BG on this one. Hudson IS from Guildford, and we do need a CB so all the bits are realistic, and BG clearly states that its just something he's heard, and is not claiming its necessarily reliable or otherwise. the kind of thing football messageboards where made for!

Thanks for that it was I must stress a random phone call from an old aquataince who knows of my past association with the club. He seems to fit the bill to replace Hughes and is not aplayer whose name has been banded about.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yep - spot on. It's certainly a possibility.

Doesn't noone go out with his sister ?

The depth of knowledge on NSC never ceases to amaze me. I know you're not claiming that his sister is definitely going out with Noone, but it's a level of information that is so far beyond my knowledge it's ridiculous.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
It's a name I had mentioned to me about 4 or 5 weeks ago, along with Roger Johnson.

Didn't think either were more than an association and people getting 5 for 2 + 2.

That said, good player. Both are good players... Wouldn't complain at either...

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Would much rather get a CB in who's below the age of 30 to combat the ageing defence (bar Dunk).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just had a call from somebody working at one of his relatives house in Guildford who was told he is signing for us
I'm local and have been for some time, and I know people (no, not the ones that 'take care of someone'), but the number of people I know who can give me accurate insider knowledge remains at a constant zero. How is it that you seem to have an endless supply of people ITK?

It's seems totally random that someone working on a job at a relatives house has come up with this information, and that could easily happen. The one thing that's not totally random though, is that the poser is you.

Why is it you?
1) Is it just coincidence that this genuine piece of information has fallen in your lap?
2) Do your friends like winding you up because you're the most gullible person they've ever met?
3) Are you making this up?

Assuming you're not going to admit to number 3, has this person who called you ever given you information on player signings before, and if so, what did they say and were they right?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just had a call from somebody working at one of his relatives house in Guildford who was told he is signing for us, an experienced CB. Dont know how good and accurate it is

Can't imagine the relatives of a player nobody even heard of would go to the trouble of making it up. So it may well be good and accurate @perma-wrongBensGrandad. First time for everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here