Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The evidence from previous high value transfers out of the club is that the money is not re-invested in new players. God (or Ernest) alone knows where the money goes but what makes you think it would be any different if Dunk was sold for big bucks???

Maybe the money is used to pay back the £8 million plus loss we have made every season since The Amex opened!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are aware that the club have been trying to address this (Marshall, the Iranian lad, etc...)

We didn't have March last season who was injured so that's like having a new signing and hopefully Kaz will be fit all season too.

However that wasn't the point of the post i made, it was to show that Fulham weren't finished either if they are still looking to buy Dunk so they feel their defence is too weak for this season and they haven't been able to recruit for that area yet (just like we haven't with our wingers & cb - and seeing we need a cb, why would we weaken ourselves even further by selling Dunk?)

Reading some peoples posts on here, you'd think we are unique in failing to get all our business done by this stage in pre-season.

Yes it's interesting that they 'apparently' have left it late their main problem was shipping goals last season ... 83 in the league....they of course splashed a lot of cash on a forward :)
One imagines they now have the cash to spend after selling that kid to City....wonder if they will spend it all :whistle:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Which suggests that our downwards trajectory is likely to continue

A single poor season out of the last 5 is not a downwards trajectory. And Bloom's willingness to continue to spend heavily on the club (who else will ?) , invest heavily in the academy and provide his manager with a top 10 budget every season including last season is thankfully something to be positive about. But of course Hughton has a hell of a fight on his hand to turn around a team who finished 20th in the league a few months ago. And as last season proved if you don't buy smartly and you have a manager with little Championship experience then you can be sat in late April on a Tuesday night hoping Millwall will lose at home to Blackburn to confirm your place in the league. Nobody wants that again...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Bit like Fulham if you believe what rumour mill says

This is what their manager was saying about their transfer business so far

"Symons signed off with his take on the Club’s transfer business over the summer so far.

“I would like there to be a little bit more, but I'm pleased with what we've got and the acquisitions we've made.

“But, if we can get a couple more that can make us better then we will bring them in

Which is a little better than how Hughton is feeling this weekend
“We’ll certainly be giving everything we can to be there but we certainly need to make sure we have a good end to the transfer window.”

Sounds like Symons has a cake but looking for some icing, while Hughton is still looking for the cake mix.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If Fulham are really offering 4 or 5 million I'm amazed that he hasn't gone already. Good player, but 5 million for a, albeit young, championship centre back must be very hard to turn down.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is what their manager was saying about their transfer business so far

"Symons signed off with his take on the Club’s transfer business over the summer so far.

“I would like there to be a little bit more, but I'm pleased with what we've got and the acquisitions we've made.

“But, if we can get a couple more that can make us better then we will bring them in

Which is a little better than how Hughton is feeling this weekend
“We’ll certainly be giving everything we can to be there but we certainly need to make sure we have a good end to the transfer window.”

Maybe...it's what you choose to concentrate on isent it...I was talking in general terms about transfer business

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
If Fulham are really offering 4 or 5 million I'm amazed that he hasn't gone already. Good player, but 5 million for a, albeit young, championship centre back must be very hard to turn down.

That's my view also Dunk is a good still young prospect but still dives in when maybe he dose not need to if 5 million is the figure then very hard to turn down which could fund a couple extra players

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
when the ink is dry on a contract and Dunky has a photo of himself with a Fulham scarf

then and only then I will believe it

I know the club have done some silly things but that .......never
its just not going to happen ................is it?

scooter1

How soon is now?
We're a selling club, with the exception of Real Madrid, Man City and probably Barcelona most clubs are..... It would be a shame to renege on their statement about selling to a rival, but if the money is right, then every player has a price. I hope he stays, but we shall see...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
when the ink is dry on a contract and Dunky has a photo of himself with a Fulham scarf

then and only then I will believe it

I know the club have done some silly things but that .......never
its just not going to happen ................is it?

What if it were 6mill spent equally on a new ch and 2 wingers......what if..as Bozza posted earlier

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What if it were 6mill spent equally on a new ch and 2 wingers......what if..as Bozza posted earlier

yeh what if:flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig:its not happened yet, what about using some of the money from other transfers out for just that rather than sell the family jewels

top half bollox

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
Why? The club must have a plan in place if he was to leave. Targets would have been identified. If we got 5m for Dunk and that enabled to get two central defenders in for say 1.5m each, plus got th Marshall deal over the line. We'd still have further money left for additional players. What's not to like about that? I appreciate its getting very late in the day and the start of the season is on us. The sale of dunk could mean we have a much better squad and chances of staying up/promotion.
Its all if if if. Whenever we sell our best players we replace them with less quality, is fulham really a bigger club at this moment in time?? If dunk wants to leave then i imagine it would be because he knows the club is full of shit

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would the club really be shortsighted and stupid enough to sell our prize asset just a few days before the start of the new season? I fear the answer to this is yes.

Would be the ultimate in short-term head-mentalism to flog off Dunk when at the same time Greer's getting slower and flakier by the season. If we can't score at one end and we can't defend at the other end then the only way is DOWN. Because to replace like-for-like would cost significantly more than retaining the original, and would doubtless be more than the club is willing to pay. As we found with the strikers. Having Ulloa and Barnes up front is already looking like a long-gone Golden Age. Wonder how long before we're saying the same about Dunk and Greer?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The reason he won't have gone already is that to go into the Forest match with only Greer and the youth in central defence would be suicidal even by the standards of a squad as under cooked as the albion's.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he is going, it means we have an incoming central defender signing before it happens.

We'll still need another centre back, of course.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
If Dunk is sold that just shows the ambition the club has. If the club have no interest in putting effort in i'll have no ambition or show no effort into putting my hard earnt cash into going to matches, Buying over priced drinks/food. Sure it may sound like i'm being a spoilt brat but but if they can't be arsed. Why should i. They do this every time. Sell all our best players and replace with bottom feeders and barrel scrapers.

Yep, you sound like a spolit brat. I almost hope they do sell him now, so people like you will maybe go back to whatever you were doing pre-Feb 2015. There is so much negativity on this board, it's almost like a lot of you want us to fail just so you can justify your negativity. Well, I'm forever the optimist, I love this club, couldn't give a monkeys tash for the cost of the beer/pies and will support it till my dying day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here