Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Club One Ambition is gone

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Maybe those Legends wall banners have been taken down so we can have a series of classic motivational hashtags in their place, all on pastel backgrounds with a Nike swish. You know, just to re-emphasise and drive home the brand awareness, and make sure everyone knows what we, as a club, stand for within our own market demographic, ya ?

#OneClubOneAmbition
#Together
#PremierLeagueReady
#WorkingVeryVeryHard
#FFPCompliant
#SeasonLongLoan
#Won'tStandInTheirWay
#JudgeUsInSeptember

#brightonnil

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Perhaps #Together means first team sqaud and development squad combined, together. Would explain the lack of transfers. We have a HUGE squad now.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Looks great! And good that the tagline is gone too.

Bloody hashtags though. What the hell is the point of hashtagging #Together ? If I search for that on social media you get about 6 billion results, none of which are associated to Brighton and Hove Albion. Absolutely pointless.

Barber #Out

Agree, they should have used #Together #BHAFC, plenty of things come up on that search :whistle:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Genuinely stunned by how thin the skin is of some of the people on this thread. I fail to see how anyone can get upset by #together unless they are looking for an excuse to get upset.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Genuinely stunned by how thin the skin is of some of the people on this thread. I fail to see how anyone can get upset by #together unless they are looking for an excuse to get upset.

#correct

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I’m not sure I have a facepalm big enough.

“#together”

Absolute meaningless BOBBINS. Who exactly are they trying to appeal to with this crapola ? Whats the target demographic ? Kids won’t give a toss, and I’m pretty damn sure anyone else who notices will just roll their eyes at it.

The depressing thing is, we’ve probably shelled out a small fortune on a bunch of corporate branding latte-quaffing consultants in ponytails to come up with that pile of meaningless CACK we've got plastered all over our stadium.

This is not the club I started supporting any more.
What's wrong with Lattes?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

If they weren't able to find an excuse to get upset and moan, they'd get upset and moan about that as well.

Face it, there are people that are determined to be miserable. It's fairly easy to avoid them in my real life - both in personal and working relationships. It's a shame that they can't be avoided in NSC.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't think people who have been regulars on NSC for 10+ years are the target audience of these types of things.

After the big pile of donkey shite that was served up last season I'm hoping for clackers on my seat for the forest game.
"Please try and stay awake for the entire performance."
This would look #awesome spelled out on the telly box for the unlucky fans that can't make the game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: A lot of fuss but the word #together on that new club shop display is tiny. The words "Stand or Fall", and i'm assuming no change for 2015/16 are actually inside the stadium, prominent and can be seen every week by nearly everyone in the ground.

standorfall.jpeg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

As a moaner, I feel the need to justify my comment.

It's a wider issue than this #Together stuff, but it epitomises my problem with the misuse of hashtagging in general. It should be a way of making it easier to find what you're looking for on the web. But from the Facebooking friends who #dontknowwhattheyremeantfor - to the Instagram cringefest that is #onelove #love #selfie #dad, they've become the opposite of what they were intended for.

They've been grabbed by the corporate world and every single company feels like they MUST have a hashtag no matter what. Let's not waste time thinking about what it should be and how it might actually help us, just do that cool hashtag sign thingy the kids do.

As a moaner, I feel the need to justify my comment.

It's a wider issue than this #Together stuff, but it epitomises my problem with the misuse of hashtagging in general. It should be a way of making it easier to find what you're looking for on the web. But from the Facebooking friends who #dontknowwhattheyremeantfor - to the Instagram cringefest that is #onelove #love #selfie #dad, they've become the opposite of what they were intended for.

They've been grabbed by the corporate world and every single company feels like they MUST have a hashtag no matter what. Let's not waste time thinking about what it should be and how it might actually help us, just do that cool hashtag sign thingy the kids do.

Or you could, if you feel that strongly, avoid twitter and Facebook altogether.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here