Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Club One Ambition is gone

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" One Club No Ambition " ?

The one club, one ambition was simply dreadful and as it turned out highly embarrassing

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is all becoming style over substance at the club now. It is all about the " blue sky thinking " and what is " in trend " It is not the same club anymore, a lot of it's heart and soul has gone imo

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is not the club I started supporting any more.

In all seriousness I agree with that. The problem is none of them are. Go on to the website of fan owned AFC Wimbledon and the very first thing you are greeted with is a popup box that is impossible to shift that says "We've rebranded our website to provide you with a range of new and exclusive features. "

We COULD all go off and support Lewes, but if we did they'd replace the clever match posters with this sort of shizzle within a month.

It's the kids I feel sorry for.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Albion slogan or rather "codeword" apparently in 1955 wasn't Premier League Ready . It was "Progress"

Here's the cheery notes from the chairman 60 years ago at the start of 1955/56 via [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] 's incredible Programmes Archive.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/75238685@N02/sets/72157647867998815/show

"During the past four or five years the Albion management has done its utmost for the comfort of Supporters. i.e.: all terraces have been concreted, new turnstiles have been built, a half time scoreboard can be seen and also the extension of over 100 per cent of the cheap popular enclosure has been made. coupled with a undisputed perfect playing pitch - the best in the league.

This , I am sure is quite good going and the Albion directors will not be satisfied until a new stand has taken the place of the existing West Stand. The Albion password is progress and surely no one can deny that this has been done. "

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
" One Club No Ambition " ?

The one club, one ambition was simply dreadful and as it turned out highly embarrassing

Have you ever had an ambition but you failed to meet the goal you'd set yourself? Did you consider yourself an embarrassment as a result?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Albion slogan or rather "codeword" apparently in 1955 wasn't Premier League Ready . It was "Progress"

Here's the cheery notes from the chairman 60 years ago at the start of 1955/56 via [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] 's incredible Programmes Archive.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/75238685@N02/sets/72157647867998815/show

"During the past four or five years the Albion management has done its utmost for the comfort of Supporters. i.e.: all terraces have been concreted, new turnstiles have been built, a half time scoreboard can be seen and also the extension of over 100 per cent of the cheap popular enclosure has been made. coupled with a undisputed perfect playing pitch - the best in the league.

This , I am sure is quite good going and the Albion directors will not be satisfied until a new stand has taken the place of the existing West Stand. The Albion password is progress and surely no one can deny that this has been done. "

:thumbsup:

Back then, the cynical *******s didn't have the internet, they just had a good old moan-up over a pint of mild in the snug

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I like Roar on the Albion,

#50's slogans

#rationing

Oh for heavens sake - 'Roar on the Albion' sounds like the sort of thing an Albion supporter would come up with. We're way past that now, we're a future-facing organization (sic) with the spirit of American Express behind us. Anyway, some of the staffers seemed to prefer 'BHAFC' to The Albion' a while back - I guess it felt more corporate in a Des Moines sort of way.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
we're a future-facing organization (sic) .

and a team who still walk out onto the pitch to a song that was written in 1907, wear blue and white shirts like they have for most seasons since 1904, and a chairman who's Dad was on the board in 1970 and various members of his family have been involved in the club in the last 45 years. Its all change.

el punal

"Keep the Faith" and a photo of Micky Adams looking like he was about the punch you, was all we needed back in the Withdean years........

We didn't have big screens and a near on £100 million, 30,000+ capacity stadium then or a top draw, state of the art training facility either. It's progress (good or bad) but blimey, wasn't it what all Albion fans aspired to in those dark, dingy days. :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We didn't have big screens and a near on £100 million, 30,000+ capacity stadium then or a top draw, state of the art training facility either. It's progress (good or bad) but blimey, wasn't it what all Albion fans aspired to in those dark, dingy days. :shrug:

Progress doesn't necessarily mean having stupid slogans emblazoned on the side of the Stadium and shoved down our throats on all marketing material.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I’m not sure I have a facepalm big enough.

“#together”

Absolute meaningless BOBBINS. Who exactly are they trying to appeal to with this crapola ? Whats the target demographic ? Kids won’t give a toss, and I’m pretty damn sure anyone else who notices will just roll their eyes at it.

The depressing thing is, we’ve probably shelled out a small fortune on a bunch of corporate branding latte-quaffing consultants in ponytails to come up with that pile of meaningless CACK we've got plastered all over our stadium.

This is not the club I started supporting any more.

Agree with you. Why can't we just be a football club?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There really are some proper miserable ***** who'll moan about anything and everything. I pity the people that have to deal with such unnecessary negativity on a daily basis.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With few exceptions, there will be very few people involved in coming up with stuff like #Together, who will have any sort of longevity at the club. We will all outlast them by decades.

It is our club.

As such, rather than having rotating annual corporate gobbledygook phrases, it should be our job to form, adopt and use a phrase. That is if we actually want one.

"Stand or Fall" has come to the fore over the last few years and is likely to prove to be timeless in the same way as Liverpool's 'You'll never walk alone" - both are extracted from club anthems.

So, #StandOrFall or #GOSBTS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here