Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Ashes Test - England v Australia - Edgbaston

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looked out, not the best decision by the umpire.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Can someone explain why that wasn't out ? It showed the ball hitting the stumps ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hate this "umpires call" thing. If the umpire had given that out and the batsman had reviewed it, he'd be out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can someone explain why that wasn't out ? It showed the ball hitting the stumps ?
If it's close (like half the width of the ball hitting), the decision stays with whatever the umpire said. The main reason for this approach is that the reviews are not supposed to take away the purpose of umpires completely, they're just supposed to put right clear mistakes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Boom

92/5

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Finn on fire today, great bowling

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If anyone says Ben Stokes has bowled badly in this match then they're a fool.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If it's close (like half the width of the ball hitting), the decision stays with whatever the umpire said. The main reason for this approach is that the reviews are not supposed to take away the purpose of umpires completely, they're just supposed to put right clear mistakes.

But I think, where it stays with the umpires decision, the team should not lose its review

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have we had a 2 day test before in this country?
Yes, loads of them. None with us winning though.

The above is made up BG.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But I think, where it stays with the umpires decision, the team should not lose its review
Yeah that's not a bad idea. Particularly as sometimes it can be down to 1 mm difference between the review being successful and the team getting the wicket and keeping the review, and the opposite.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I went into a team meeting at 4, and have just came out. Has anything happened whilst I've been away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here