Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walter Palmer - New Public Enemy No 1? / Cecil the lion

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Words fail me on this nasty individual:

10336754_1491553101080607_2300221794831190832_n.jpg

screen-shot-2015-07-28-at-10-26-42-am1.jpg

And Walter J Palmer settled out of court in a sexual harrasment court case in 2000. What an all round nice individual!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am equally sickened and angered by this story and the pics. That said , I reason that it is an emotional response rather than a thinking one: certainly the BBC news have milked it .
Today I have also read (on the BBC News website /World/Australia
"An Australian father is one of eight men charged with 503 child sex offences, including sexual slavery, against his 13-year-old daughter."....Surely that is worse but it does not fill me with such emotion . The Headline stories on that page were about The Ashes, does that tell us something?

I recall seeing one of Louie Theroux's documentary's about African Game Farms and the rich Yanks who support them . They are the same people who are bored with hunting deer and bears at home . I guess it is their gun culture......

Logically, he deserves a big fine and maybe a short prison term. My heart would see him,unarmed, in a hole with the live lion....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
really ?? So you're pro capital punishment then ?

Not generally no, unless they have psychopathic tendencies of hunting simple endangered unarmed humans and take photos of their killings smiling. Those people I'd probably not give a **** about, but that rarely happens does it.
But congratulations for attempting to hijack the thread and bringing corporate punishment into it. And since when do death row go yachting?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
skinning and beheading the poor animal, bar steward could not even give it some dignity in death

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I would shoot him and mount his head on a plaque in my office showing all his perfectly white teeth.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure if I'd want this sick individual as my dentist. Surely his deservedly slow and protracted death should involve his own workplace tools.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Not generally no, unless they have psychopathic tendencies of hunting simple endangered unarmed humans and take photos of their killings smiling. Those people I'd probably not give a **** about, but that rarely happens does it.
But congratulations for attempting to hijack the thread and bringing corporate punishment into it. And since when do death row go yachting?
Im not hijacking anything, I'm commenting on the iniquity of people like you who would recoil from executing a murderer who has killed a human being,wishing death and all sorts of hateful shit on this bloke when in reality, all he is is a bit of a tosser. Plus wtf is corporate punishment ? If it's a typo for corporal, you're still wrong , execution is capital punishment, happy to help if you have any other word definition problems.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Having read the full facts of the lion's death and the dentist's previous, I would welcome the opportunity of introducing him to my mate Stanley.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Im not hijacking anything, I'm commenting on the iniquity of people like you who would recoil from executing a murderer who has killed a human being,wishing death and all sorts of hateful shit on this bloke when in reality, all he is is a bit of a tosser. Plus wtf is corporate punishment ? If it's a typo for corporal, you're still wrong , execution is capital punishment, happy to help if you have any other word definition problems.

You are hijacking by bringing in non comparable, obfuscatory arguments. You also appear to be the only person who hasn't damned this guy to another life...where he's hopefully going to be given the name Cecil.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

You are hijacking by bringing in non comparable, obfuscatory arguments. You also appear to be the only person who hasn't damned this guy to another life...where he's hopefully going to be given the name Cecil.
Of course it's bloody comparable , there are people on here Wishing this bloke dead , and they are being serious about it , some of these very same people have vehemently opposed capital punishment on other threads, now I think this bloke is a tosser , killing animals is not my thing , especially endangered ones like this lion, but do I wish him a slow and painful death like some others have on this thread ? No , I don't.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It really isn't.

Then can you explain how or why me finding it strange that some people are vehemently opposed to the death penalty , even for child killers , yet hope this man has a slow and painful death, in some cases being willing to carry it out , isn't comparable?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Then can you explain how or why me finding it strange that some people are vehemently opposed to the death penalty , even for child killers , yet hope this man has a slow and painful death, in some cases being willing to carry it out ?

We just agreed it wasn't comparable. Why ask the question again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here