Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walter Palmer - New Public Enemy No 1? / Cecil the lion

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fear not, animal psychic Karen Anderson has been in touch with Cecil from beyond the grave and he has this message for mankind

5kn32c.png

Deep stuff indeed. #prayforcecil

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hilarious how nobody even heard of Cecil The Lion before a couple of days ago and now there's a global internet lynch mob out to kill a smug US dentist, just because they lazily can. Couldn't make it up really. Chris Morris must be turning in his grave :lolol:

SG24XL.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hilarious how nobody even heard of Cecil The Lion before a couple of days ago and now there's a global internet lynch mob out to kill a smug US dentist, just because they lazily can. Couldn't make it up really. Chris Morris must be turning in his grave :lolol:

SG24XL.jpg

That's not really the point though is it... It's about much more than Cecil the Lion...

Obvisouly, I don't want any harm to come to the man - and people should remember the two wrongs saying but hopefully the (fantastic) outraged public reaction will send a message out to such people who 'enjoy' this horrible hobby and also various governments. So there's a lot of good that's come from the lunch mob too...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That's not really the point though is it... It's about much more than Cecil the Lion...

Obvisouly, I don't want any harm to come to the man - and people should remember the two wrongs saying but hopefully the (fantastic) outraged public reaction will send a message out to such people who 'enjoy' this horrible hobby and also various governments. So there's a lot of good that's come from the lunch mob too...

I agree. It never ceases to amaze me how some people take the piss out of something that is looking like being a very powerful movement that will hopefully change things forever. It has brought massive outrage, lots of people did not know this sort of thing happened at all, now they do and they don't like it.I cannot see how that can be anything but a good thing, unless of course you really do not give a toss about animals but go along with the crowd that you do or sympathise with the hunters of which I think there is some of this as well. Still let's have a laugh at people, it's what we do best

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Actually I think it is entirely the point, the collective mock outrage of the internet masses who egg each other on for ever more extreme reaction will make not a single iota of difference to big game hunting in Africa. The corrupt governments and officials will still be driven by their greed for the dollar and it will be business as usual for them. it might cause everyone connected to be a bit more cautious but ultimately it will make it even more lucrative as such services will clearly command a high premium will which surely increase now this has happened. I'm sure next week some Hollywood Z-lister will punch a child or urinate on a tramp or somesuch nonsense and the internet lynch mob will string up its next target.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

SG24XL.jpg

I could not disagree more

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Actually I think it is entirely the point, the collective mock outrage of the internet masses who egg each other on for ever more extreme reaction will make not a single iota of difference to big game hunting in Africa. The corrupt governments and officials will still be driven by their greed for the dollar and it will be business as usual for them. it might cause everyone connected to be a bit more cautious but ultimately it will make it even more lucrative as such services will clearly command a high premium will which surely increase now this has happened. I'm sure next week some Hollywood Z-lister will punch a child or urinate on a tramp or somesuch nonsense and the internet lynch mob will string up its next target.

Why do you say it is mock outrage ? Who are you to tell someone how they are feeling, very condescending and judgemental. I think this debate is going the way of a binfest, well it is Friday, I will take my leave

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why do you say it is mock outrage ? /QUOTE]

It's patently mock outrage Uncle. Not to mention FAKE outrage. So unbelievably easy to wipe out sme wanky US dentist's entire life and career it's not true. Not saying he don't deserve it. Just saying that the global lynch mob is mainly comprised of sheepish unthinking twunts.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why do you say it is mock outrage ? /QUOTE]

It's patently mock outrage Uncle. Not to mention FAKE outrage. So unbelievably easy to wipe out sme wanky US dentist's entire life and career it's not true. Not saying he don't deserve it. Just saying that the global lynch mob is mainly comprised of sheepish unthinking twunts.

I totally disagree

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Look i get it ok you're 'outraged', fine I accept that. I'm not however, do you get that?

Yes but you have written off every single person's view as fake and of no worth

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I agree. It never ceases to amaze me how some people take the piss out of something that is looking like being a very powerful movement that will hopefully change things forever. It has brought massive outrage, lots of people did not know this sort of thing happened at all, now they do and they don't like it.I cannot see how that can be anything but a good thing, unless of course you really do not give a toss about animals but go along with the crowd that you do or sympathise with the hunters of which I think there is some of this as well. Still let's have a laugh at people, it's what we do best

Where do you stand on the culling of animals as part of nature conservation? I have no facts, but would suggest that this happens far more than the animals killed by hunting (something like 44,000 animals were killed in SA in 2013 by hunters, mainly the many types of buck. The revenue from this was just over R1bn). The Kruger Park maybe the size of Wales, but they have to cull in order to preserve the environment for the rest. I am led to believe that wildlife as a whole in SA grew at something like 30% in 2013.

I deplore hunting by the way, but culling is an important and intrinsic part of nature conservation. Elephant culling, hugely controversially, was reinstated in 2012 after a 13 year ban because however magnificent they are, Elephants are very destructive to the habitat.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Where do you stand on the culling of animals as part of nature conservation? I have no facts, but would suggest that this happens far more than the animals killed by hunting (something like 44,000 animals were killed in SA in 2013 by hunters, mainly the many types of buck. The revenue from this was just over R1bn). The Kruger Park maybe the size of Wales, but they have to cull in order to preserve the environment for the rest. I am led to believe that wildlife as a whole in SA grew at something like 30% in 2013.

I deplore hunting by the way, but culling is an important and intrinsic part of nature conservation. Elephant culling, hugely controversially, was reinstated in 2012 after a 13 year ban because however magnificent they are, Elephants are very destructive to the habitat.
If you believe human species should rule without question. Which we do. So I guess from a practical view it's a valid point. Culling it is! But really, habitats for wildlife should be a lot lot greater than they are and will be...in another second. Still, providing none of us are accountable,which we won't be, in 100 years or more when the planet is in an even worse state for humans to live in I guess it's ok to carry on putting natural environments behind human needs. It's ironic that culling should probably be reserved for one species and one species only to restore balance. No prizes for which one. Correct. We should start with Palace fans...��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here