Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy Birthday Peter Ward - 60 today

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Happy Birthday to the LEGEND. I still remember standing on the East Stand in the Chicken Run in Awe of your skills. We have not seen a player like Wardy since

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Could do a job?

Saw him score in my first ever game - sadly not during his "golden era" but in a torrid 1-1 draw with Watford New Year's Day '83 when he was back on loan from Forest.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
He shot, he scored, it must be Peter Ward..Peter Ward.. Peter Ward.....however at 60 probably bit to old for comeback :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:bowdown: All Time Greatest :bowdown:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Saw him score in my first ever game Ditto - sadly not during his "golden era" but in a torrid 1-1 draw with Watford New Year's Day '83 when he was back on loan from Forest Here, I am even more fortunate - my first game was in '76.

Genuine legend. Thanks, Wardy; happy birthday!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Best

player

ever

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having seen the great man in action on what was just an ordinary day, I can only begin to imagine how many drinks he'll be looking to ponce off people on this most wonderful of occasions.

He is going to be absolutely battered.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Having seen the great man in action on what was just an ordinary day, I can only begin to imagine how many drinks he'll be looking to ponce off people on this most wonderful of occasions.

He is going to be absolutely battered.

Does any evidence exist of him ever buying a round (or even a pint) in the Brighton & Hove area? :lol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Happy Birthday Peter
your goals will live in the memory forever, they made me smile then and they make me smile now

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I doubt it ...................nor should he :lolol:

Ha, that's what my Dad said to me once.

Having never seen the great man play, somebody tell me what sort of player he was (apart from the obvious "a goalscorer")? Are there any modern day striking equivalents, for comparison purposes?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Ha, that's what my Dad said to me once.

Having never seen the great man play, somebody tell me what sort of player he was (apart from the obvious "a goalscorer")? Are there any modern day striking equivalents, for comparison purposes?

He was our own Leo Messi.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Happy birthday Wardy.

Any chance of returning that Daily Mirror you scrounged from me on a Seagulls Special! From posts here about not buying drinks, I guess not.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He was our own Leo Messi.

he was a magician, Messi falls over a lot but he is about as close as you can get
50m at todays prices
and is that you with the great man in the avatar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here