Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: "I have no doubts we'll be ready come that first game of the season."

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jury's out til the season starts tho eh?

Exactly. Just because we spent money on him doesn't mean he is quality. If anything his track record doesn't make him quality.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Jury's out til the season starts tho eh?

Exactly. Just because we spent money on him doesn't mean he is quality. If anything his track record doesn't make him quality.

Whether he will be a quality striker for us is up for contention, but whether he's quality or not isn't.

When compared to Daryl Murphy and Patrick Bamford, purely from a statistical stand point Hemed stands up very well. Yes, less goals per game (he still contributed healthy for a team that was relegated from a very good division) He's fantastic in the air and creates a lot of chances for team-mates. If you've not read this article it's worth a read: http://freshfootball.co.uk/statistical-analysis-top-5-newcomers-to-the-championship/ "With a transfer fee reported to be in the region of £1m it’s a fairly risk free signing which should end up being good value for money, good business from Brighton."

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Key differences being; 'This Friday' is literally this upcoming Friday, and 'Next Friday' is literally the follow (or next) Friday.
Shirley not that difficult. :thumbsup:
British English has the expression 'Friday week' -- missing from American English -- for capturing precisely this distinction. It'd be a shame to see it pass out of use.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whether he will be a quality striker for us is up for contention, but whether he's quality or not isn't.

Boy could be anything at this level. Let's wait and see until he's been kicked up in the air a few times by Championship level defenders and see if he still has an eye for goal or whether he's first and foremost looking over his shoulder. Not every foreign player can hack the physicality of the English game. Wishing him well, obviously, but like I say, the jury's out til the season starts in ENREST.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So Hughton thinks we'll be ready for the start of the season? That's very comforting to know and I'm now greatly reassured about our prospects for the new season.:(

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does anyone disagree with the suggestion that, as things stand, the current squad and probable starting 11 is far stronger than the team that kicked off against Sheff Weds last August?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Boy could be anything at this level. Let's wait and see until he's been kicked up in the air a few times by Championship level defenders and see if he still has an eye for goal or whether he's first and foremost looking over his shoulder. Not every foreign player can hack the physicality of the English game. Wishing him well, obviously, but like I say, the jury's out til the season starts in ENREST.

[tweet]625313726921592834[/tweet]

Looks like he'll fit right in here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does anyone disagree with the suggestion that, as things stand, the current squad and probable starting 11 is far stronger than the team that kicked off against Sheff Weds last August?

Looks much of a muchness to be honest

Brighton & Hove Albion
13 Stockdale
03 Greer
02 Bruno Booked
14 Calderon (Mackail-Smith - 76' )
04 Hughes
24 Ince
18 Forster-Caskey Booked (Agustien - 61' )
08 Crofts Dismissed
23 Fenelon (Buckley - 61' )
11 O'Grady
25 Lua Lua Booked

Substitutes
05 Dunk
10 Agustien
12 Mackail-Smith
15 Chicksen
28 Toko
30 Buckley
31 Walton

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we will have a very good second half to the season and that might just be enough to go up via theplay offs. After all momentum is everything come the end of the season.

can I have some of what you are on please.

I remember a recent play off where a team in blue and white stripes arrived in it with all the momentum only to get dumped out by a completely out of form rival.

Play offs = lottery

albionite

May 20, 2009

Erm, you could argue the front two maybe better but that's it. Hopefully we will have a few more by next Friday evening.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Looks much of a muchness to be honest

Brighton & Hove Albion
13 Stockdale
03 Greer
02 Bruno Booked
14 Calderon (Mackail-Smith - 76' )
04 Hughes
24 Ince
18 Forster-Caskey Booked (Agustien - 61' )
08 Crofts Dismissed
23 Fenelon (Buckley - 61' )
11 O'Grady
25 Lua Lua Booked

Substitutes
05 Dunk
10 Agustien
12 Mackail-Smith
15 Chicksen
28 Toko
30 Buckley
31 Walton

Shamir Fenelon up front, and Calde as our first choice left back - seriously?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here