Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone recommend a Hove/Brighton based Divorce Solicitor

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
An absolute refusal to pay the cocaine snorting cow 180 quid a week maintenance for her and my daughter in the 80s. Legally speaking, contempt of court after telling the judge he could **** off with that ridiculous amount.

Shite - that's £9.5k a year - I pay 60% of that THIRTY years later and for TWO children. You must have been raking in the dosh ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
An absolute refusal to pay the cocaine snorting cow 180 quid a week maintenance for her and my daughter in the 80s. Legally speaking, contempt of court after telling the judge he could **** off with that ridiculous amount.
Didn't realise you could be put in prison for that; I thought they just deducted it at source or something.

I have no idea why people still get married these days.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Didn't realise you could be put in prison for that; I thought they just deducted it at source or something.

Warders in Lewes were pretty decent to me, and gave quite a bit of advice. Told me theres guys, that come every year rather than pay.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Shite - that's £9.5k a year - I pay 60% of that THIRTY years later and for TWO children. You must have been raking in the dosh ?

It wasn't bad, I was in the comms center at Amex, but it wasn't that great.
It was 120 quid a week they wanted...Ive corrected it. Still outrageous. She is now disowned through other adventures by our daughter, and her son from a later relationship. Batshit mental woman

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think contempt is punishable by imprisonment.......I suppose to maintain the power of the courts.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
An absolute refusal to pay the cocaine snorting cow 120 quid a week maintenance for her and my daughter in the 80s. This after paying her 60 quid a week before the legal proceedings. Legally speaking, contempt of court after telling the judge he could **** off with that ridiculous amount.
After I managed to get out of Lewes, she took me to court again saying she would accept the 60 quid a week. By which time I was unemployed. Proved that she had lied about a whole heap of crap. Court made a new order of 3 quid a week for my daughter (obviously, I paid more when I was able, and paid the money to my ex partners mother who was fairly sane), and 10p a year for the snorting waste of space.
Threw a quid at her outside the court, and told her to keep out of my sight for 10 years.

Blimey! That's insane.

I sometimes forget that the names on here, next to all the posts about the Albion, have a real person with real experiences at the other end of them!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
An absolute refusal to pay the cocaine snorting cow 120 quid a week maintenance for her and my daughter in the 80s. This after paying her 60 quid a week before the legal proceedings. Legally speaking, contempt of court after telling the judge he could **** off with that ridiculous amount.
After I managed to get out of Lewes, she took me to court again saying she would accept the 60 quid a week. By which time I was unemployed. Proved that she had lied about a whole heap of crap. Court made a new order of 3 quid a week for my daughter (obviously, I paid more when I was able, and paid the money to my ex partners mother who was fairly sane), and 10p a year for the snorting waste of space.
Threw a quid at her outside the court, and told her to keep out of my sight for 10 years.

So you've always been a master of diplomacy then.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I haven't had the pleasure personally, but I wouldn't want Liz Taylor at Edwards Harte in the opposition camp.

The idea of somebody called Elizabeth Taylor advising other people on divorce settlements :lolol:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I don't know if I would've put it like that when speaking to the judge but fair play to you.
Reminded me of someone I know in a similar situation. He called the judge a useless c**t. which the said judge gave him 3 weeks. After a week he was taken back to court and if he apologised he would be allowed to go free.
When he got his chance to apologise the judge asked him if he had something to say. He said ' Yes your honour last week I called you a c**t but standing here today I can see you are a bigger one than you was last week '!!. The prison guards had to drag him away very quickly simply because they were laughing their heads off. He got a further 8 weeks for that! He never did say sorry. I kid you not.

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
One of the best bits of advice I got was to pay the lump sum amount in full by hiring a tipper truck, and get a mixture of 1p, 2p and 5p coins and use the lovely hydraulic section of the vehicle to deposit the lot on her drive. The definition of satisfaction.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Susan Hayes at GSFW. By the end of trial she'd got a written apology from the other side's barrister and a verbal apology from the Judge. She's relentless. And expensive.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Women are like Hurricanes, wet and windy when they come, take half your house when they leave.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't know if I would've put it like that when speaking to the judge but fair play to you.
Reminded me of someone I know in a similar situation. He called the judge a useless c**t. which the said judge gave him 3 weeks. After a week he was taken back to court and if he apologised he would be allowed to go free.
When he got his chance to apologise the judge asked him if he had something to say. He said ' Yes your honour last week I called you a c**t but standing here today I can see you are a bigger one than you was last week '!!. The prison guards had to drag him away very quickly simply because they were laughing their heads off. He got a further 8 weeks for that! He never did say sorry. I kid you not.

There's only one person coming out of that looking like a **** and it's not the judge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here