Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoos

Do you have Tattoos ?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't have any tats and, coincidently, don't wear any of the clothes I wore 40 years ago, but each to their own :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think some tattoos on ladies look fab

CK_Gm8TW8AAJcfP.jpg

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
P
First of all, it's not "body art", it's like the worst kind of mindless graffiti. Tattoos make people look like thugs, chavs, or idiots - often a combination of all three. If you have a strong desire to look like an idiot, then do something you can change when fashion changes, if you must be a mindless fashion follower. What will all the tattood folk do when fashion changes in a year, or five years and tattoos are considered to be very much a yesterday thing? If you dye your hair or wear outrageous clothes, at least you can easily change them when fashion changes as it inevitably will. With tattoos you're stuck .... and probably will be the laughing stock of the town. Your decision.

I didn't get my tattoos because it's "fashionable", I got them because I wanted them, and if in 5 years time tattoos are considered to be a "yesterday" thing, then I won't give a flying shit because it's my body, my decision, and I'm very happy with what I've got.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I saw a reply on some viral thing about tattoos

"what are you going to do about your tattoos when you're older?"

"Dunno mate, probably grow an epic beard and hang out with other badassed tattooed dudes and generally look awesome.

What are you going to do when you look like every other old *******?"

I do find comments on threads like this interesting. Especially one's like this;

"First of all, it's not "body art", it's like the worst kind of mindless graffiti. Tattoos make people look like thugs, chavs, or idiots - often a combination of all three. If you have a strong desire to look like an idiot, then do something you can change when fashion changes, if you must be a mindless fashion follower. What will all the tattood folk do when fashion changes in a year, or five years and tattoos are considered to be very much a yesterday thing? If you dye your hair or wear outrageous clothes, at least you can easily change them when fashion changes as it inevitably will. With tattoos you're stuck .... and probably will be the laughing stock of the town. Your decision."

For me, it's more likely that someone who rants away and judges people will probably be the laughing stock. They probably won't even know it though as people will just be laughing at them behind their back.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just live and let live.
I've got tattoos, I couldn't care whether you're covered head to toe in ink or not.

The difference between people with tattoos and those without:

Those without ink will often judge those with.
Those with ink will never judge those without.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
P

I didn't get my tattoos because it's "fashionable", I got them because I wanted them, and if in 5 years time tattoos are considered to be a "yesterday" thing, then I won't give a flying shit because it's my body, my decision, and I'm very happy with what I've got.

This in bucket loads, there are far too many people who are concerned about what other people think,**** em.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
First of all, it's not "body art", it's like the worst kind of mindless graffiti. Tattoos make people look like thugs, chavs, or idiots - often a combination of all three. If you have a strong desire to look like an idiot, then do something you can change when fashion changes, if you must be a mindless fashion follower. What will all the tattood folk do when fashion changes in a year, or five years and tattoos are considered to be very much a yesterday thing? If you dye your hair or wear outrageous clothes, at least you can easily change them when fashion changes as it inevitably will. With tattoos you're stuck .... and probably will be the laughing stock of the town. Your decision.

So you think tattoos make people look like thugs, chavs or idiots.
Questions for you.

What if a tradesman came to your home to fix your electrics, boiler, plumbing or whatever. The tradesman was wearing overalls so you couldn't see their arms, they did a good job, were polite, tidied up and didn't rip you off.
You found out the tradesman supported the Albion and you had a good chat about football.

Before he left your home the tradesman rolled up his sleeves to reveal a tattoo.

Would you then think he was an idiot?

Laughing stock of the town?
What town? Are there towns where only one person is tattooed?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
P

Of course you got them because they're fashionable. Following the crowd like a lemming.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So you think tattoos make people look like thugs, chavs or idiots.
Questions for you.

What if a tradesman came to your home to fix your electrics, boiler, plumbing or whatever. The tradesman was wearing overalls so you couldn't see their arms, they did a good job, were polite, tidied up and didn't rip you off.
You found out the tradesman supported the Albion and you had a good chat about football.

Before he left your home the tradesman rolled up his sleeves to reveal a tattoo.

Would you then think he was an idiot?

Laughing stock of the town?
What town? Are there towns where only one person is tattooed?

Yes, he would still be an idiot for getting himself tattooed.

As for laughing stock of the town .... getting a tattoo is like permanently dressing in a particular fashion. If you were stuck today wearing 70s fashion and could do nothing about it you might well be a bit pissed off. It will be the same in say 30 years time when people will wonder why anyone ever got themselves tattooed ... and those with tattoos can do nothing about it apart from very expensive removal treatment which doesn't really work. Why go messing up your skin? It looks very nice as it is. Really.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
my old man had them as did my 2 older brothers,which bizarrely put me off having them

have been tempted alot over the years,but now I'm the wrong side of 50 I won't be bothering

they look OK on men,no probs there,but women look awful with them

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Odd

As for laughing stock of the town .... getting a tattoo is like permanently dressing in a particular fashion. If you were stuck today wearing 70s fashion and could do nothing about it you might well be a bit pissed off. It will be the same in say 30 years time when people will wonder why anyone ever got themselves tattooed ... and those with tattoos can do nothing about it apart from very expensive removal treatment which doesn't really work. Why go messing up your skin? It looks very nice as it is. Really.

But who apart from you is laughing?

I grew up in Brighton when it was a town, 30 years ago loads of people had tattoos and I don't remember seeing people standing and laughing at them.

Apart from in the summer you wouldn't see tattoos on most people.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

May I ask what gives you the right to get all 'holier than thou' and judgmental about other people's choices? I know this seems to be a particular hot topic for you as you go on the same basic rants whenever this subject is discussed on here, but I'm still curious to know why.

I can only speak for myself, but all mine are located such that they are very easily concealed when it's not appropriate for them to be visible (for example at work - I wear a suit and you'd have no idea that I have tattoos) - no procedures or treatment required to conceal them them if I get to a point in my life where I wish to do so.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

brighton has this market covered. there are perma rockabillys, perma mods, perma goths, perma skins, ****ing everyone. i have never really stopped wearing casual gear myself. all it needs is the HSBC northern soul fella.

Brighton is like A NIght at The Museum for youth cultures. a tat or two wont make a difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here