• Fence

Votes: 70 61.9%
  • Job stuffed up

Votes: 40 35.4%

• Total voters

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What makes you think we are anywhere near good enough for mid table? We simply haven't addressed the biggest issue that blighted last season, we lack pace, creativity and goalscorers.

Edited for you :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
Half way there !!!!!!!! we can`t even score against Lewes..

No! What was mostly our U21 squad couldn't score against Lewes.

Only Mäenpää, Rosenior, Calde, Ince and one of COG & Colunga will get in the 1st team squad on a regular basis next season.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Some of the gaps and weaknesses catered for, but quite a few more need to be brought in, and fast, to turn us into a side of possible note. Loans can take time, yes, but that isn't the market i thought we were too heavily looking to dip into. Need some lasting firepower, a winger or two to give us a chance or two and certainly a centrehalf to challenge Greer and Dunk for a place. Maybe we're waiting for a couple of the unwanteds to go too, but i'm hoping this week will make a difference for ins, in particular, and outs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There are far worse teams than us in a the championship next year. Plus We know at least two more players are coming as well as loans. Marshall will be a good start and then another striker, cb and creative mf then we are there or thereabouts.

I expect us to be dark horses.

Who are the 3 teams that you can confidently predict that will finish below us, and why are you so confident these better players are on their way here? The majority of media surrounding Marshall suggests he's staying up North.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No! What was mostly our U21 squad couldn't score against Lewes.

Only Mäenpää, Rosenior, Calde, Ince and one of COG & Colunga will get in the 1st team squad on a regular basis next season.

Wouldn't be so sure the way this window is plodding along.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There are far worse teams than us in a the championship next year. Plus We know at least two more players are coming as well as loans. Marshall will be a good start and then another striker, cb and creative mf then we are there or thereabouts.

Really? The three teams worse than us last season got relegated. We won't be that lucky again. The club needs to get its ass in gear.

I expect us to be shire horses-plodding and laborious.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/chris-hughton-says-albion-still-building-2555873.aspx

Taken at face value, these comments from Hughton are cliché responses answering obligatory questions about what is essentially a training match. But I can't help shake this feeling the comments are more cliché responses for the purpose of downplaying his disappointment that it's a second game in which we've failed to score, suggesting a worry we haven't addressed the goal scoring issues from last season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
3 more players to bring in at a bare minimum. Job should be done or nearly done by now. So the answer is 'No'.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Quality costs in all things, we've spent peanuts on a bunch of duffers that other sides weren't interested in extending their contracts, so they expired

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Please tell me that you have reliable inside info that Marshall is definitely signing, because I see no evidence that it is anywhere near certain.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Needed :

1 right winger
1 striker
1 central attacking midfield Tex replacement
1 central defender
1 left winger

Cake Icing :

Replace COG with another striker.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Fence at present for me, but if we don't make some serious signings in the next two weeks, I suspect we are in for a repeat of last season. It's all very well saying pre-season games are just preparation run outs, but previous ones have shown how we will perform in the actual season: Crawley 2009-2010 we were appalling, losing 1-0 after a howler by Graeme Smith (wasn't that a sign of things to come?) and really struggled until Slade was sacked, and I then spent an afternoon before last season watching the game from Peterborough. They had just been relegated, but walked over us.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Who are the 3 teams that you can confidently predict that will finish below us, and why are you so confident these better players are on their way here? The majority of media surrounding Marshall suggests he's staying up North.

I can see us possibly finishing above Rotherham and maybe MK Dons but based on our current squad, it's going to be a real struggle to stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here