• Fence

Votes: 70 61.9%
  • Job stuffed up

Votes: 40 35.4%

• Total voters

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Think we will surprise a few this season but i have to admit i thought the club would have brought in a "big signing" striker in by now, if nothing else to stimulate season ticket sales and sooth the fears of the 1901'ers not renewing in 2016.
The coming week needs to see the Ben Marshall deal closed and someone of the ilk of Glenville Adam James Le Fondre unveiled on Friday. Then the following week two young Premiership starlets consisting of a creative midfielder and centre half on season long loans.Easy this transfer lark.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well, we're on a par with last season, and one better than the previous two season at this stage of the window (when we made the play offs remember). Although I haven't included loans on that.

But the previous seasons we had a strong squad to start with, the last 2 we've been left with very weak squads.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Has Best signed for anyone yet, or have we got that 'gem' of a signing to come ?

I feel incredibly low and pessimistic about our chances for next season, think we are looking at bottom 2 in the league as things stand.

On part one, please don't tempt fate. She's a b!tch. On point two, cheer up mate. Football is all about the crash after pre-season excitement. Let's be honest though, we're half way there. Defence, Goalkeeped and non-creative midfield sorted. Wingers, creative midfield and strikers to go. Easy!

Yoda

English & European
But the previous seasons we had a strong squad to start with, the last 2 we've been left with very weak squads.

Which is why I originally answer the question half way there. Over half the squad today won't be in the first team, so no need to panic over today's result.

In the other two matches this preseaon, where we've played with a stronger squad, we've put in some decent stuff (scored 6 and almost held Saints, who kept their strongest line up out LONGER than us). I'd rather look at those two games than one which involved the majority of the development squad. Even a Forest supporting mate of mine could see that.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
3 more players to bring in at a bare minimum. Job should be done or nearly done by now. So the answer is 'No'.

Everybody at the club knew in February what was needed so the job should be done by now.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Which is why I originally answer the question half way there. Over half the squad today won't be in the first team, so no need to panic over today's result.

In the other two matches this preseaon, where we've played with a stronger squad, we've put in some decent stuff (scored 6 and almost held Saints, who kept their strongest line up out LONGER than us). I'd rather look at those two games than one which involved the majority of the development squad. Even a Forest supporting mate of mine could see that.

You need to remember 90% of NSC posters will only look at the result they will not attend friendlies or read the team sheet or realise that on 60 minutes there were 9 substitutions.

Earlier today I said only 3 or 4 starters today would start the forest match. Now I think about it there could in fact be none so how anybody can predict the season based on today's game is beyond me.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You need to remember 90% of NSC posters will only look at the result they will not attend friendlies or read the team sheet or realise that on 60 minutes there were 9 substitutions.

Earlier today I said only 3 or 4 starters today would start the forest match. Now I think about it there could in fact be none so how anybody can predict the season based on today's game is beyond me.
Again, I don't think anybody is predicting that next season will be poor due to the reserves drawing 0-0 with Lewes, from what I gather most people are highly sceptical about the season ahead as it mirrors last summers transfer window all too closely. The long and the short of it is that we simply haven't addressed the key areas where our deficiencies were last season, we still have ZERO pace, ZERO creativity and little chance of creating goals against Championship teams.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can see us possibly finishing above Rotherham and maybe MK Dons but based on our current squad, it's going to be a real struggle to stay up.

I always think it's dangerous to think we can finish above the promoted clubs - they tend to have some drive and positivity around them after being promoted which holds them in good stead for the new season, at least for the first dozen or so matches.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I always think it's dangerous to think we can finish above the promoted clubs - they tend to have some drive and positivity around them after being promoted which holds them in good stead for the new season, at least for the first dozen or so matches.

This. Of the 3 teams promoted last season we only managed to finish above Rotherham, and that's because they received a points deduction.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
It's simple really. The longer this has gone on means to me that the priority targets are not coming and probably not the 2nd or 3rd choice. So we are now looking at players that will be squad at best and won't improve what we have. Will be down to loans again. But saying all that I still think we are stronger than last year and if CH plays people in there right and best positions then we will be ok.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
3 more players to bring in at a bare minimum. Job should be done or nearly done by now. So the answer is 'No'.

Seriously, I think some people on here are deluded. Most teams don't complete their business until the season is well under way so why should a team who were lucky to stay up last season and want to bring in better players than that be any different? There aren't many teams who've signed more than 4 or 5 players so far this pre season so we're not doing as badly as the over reaction on this thread suggests (although in an ideal world we'll bring in 2/3 this week).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Quality costs in all things, we've spent peanuts on a bunch of duffers that other sides weren't interested in extending their contracts, so they expired

It's this kind of drivel that annoys me about NSC. Rosenior was a key player for Hull and their fans seem genuinely annoyed that they released him. Maenppa was offered an extension and had other clubs after him but chose us. Bong only signed a short term contract for Wigan so was always likely to leave if they went down. Hemed cost us £1 million and scored goals in La Liga this season. Yet, with no further knowledge than that, you're writing them off already. Great support for the team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here