Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] iTunes help please

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm hoping someone can help, I fired up my old Acer laptop (windows 7) with the intention of ripping a CD onto the machine but iTunes wouldn't launch (google), in fact it's no longer on the machine? I've got my music backed up on the laptop and a hard drive so I'm not overly concerned, but the issue is that I can't download iTunes again. I can open the correct page from Apple's web site and begin the download, the pop up that would normally give the option of Save or Run only provides the Run icon, click that and away it goes downloading, eventually I get another pop up which says I need to check if I have enough privileges to do so, the icons I then get are Abort or Retry and that's it. I tried using Firefox which did give me the option to Save the file but eventually I got the same Error 7 message and the process collapsed again.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So iTunes is not installed on the machine? You said it won't launch (Google), so you mean open up to download?
Windows 7 does have a few administrator bugs in it. I don't run 7 but I would try making sure I had administrator privileges on the user account I'm using.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I only have Macs at home, but on my work PC laptop, which runs Windows 7 Enterprise, the stuff you are saying sounds like what happens if I try and install something that I don't have the correct permissions for.

At work, that's because the machine is locked down, to a degree. At home, you should be able to loosen your own permissions as required.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm using the machine under my account, which is the administrator, maybe I have restricted access for some reason, I'll have a try when I get home from work, cheers chaps.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm hoping someone can help, I fired up my old Acer laptop (windows 7) with the intention of ripping a CD onto the machine but iTunes wouldn't launch (google), in fact it's no longer on the machine? I've got my music backed up on the laptop and a hard drive so I'm not overly concerned, but the issue is that I can't download iTunes again. I can open the correct page from Apple's web site and begin the download, the pop up that would normally give the option of Save or Run only provides the Run icon, click that and away it goes downloading, eventually I get another pop up which says I need to check if I have enough privileges to do so, the icons I then get are Abort or Retry and that's it. I tried using Firefox which did give me the option to Save the file but eventually I got the same Error 7 message and the process collapsed again.

Did you manage to sort this out?

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me insane:rant::rant::rant:

I've tried everything I can think of and tried loads of Google based fixes and nothing works!

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

I've tried everything I can think of and tried loads of Google based fixes and nothing works!

At a guess, right click on the downloaded installer, and select "Run as administrator" (or similar).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Hope this helps :thumbsup:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201251

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Even as a local admin you're not a real admin.

Press start and type UAC and change user account control settings will come up, click this. Turn UAC off. Give that a go.

Not clicked any links in this thread so sorry if fixtures. If it is downloaded, right click and run as administrator might sort the issue.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
At a guess, right click on the downloaded installer, and select "Run as administrator" (or similar).

Tried that one before and it didn't work.

Even as a local admin you're not a real admin.

Press start and type UAC and change user account control settings will come up, click this. Turn UAC off. Give that a go.

Not clicked any links in this thread so sorry if fixtures. If it is downloaded, right click and run as administrator might sort the issue.

I'll have a go at this when I get out of work. Hopefully it'll do the job.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

No, I didn't. I've followed every bit of advise to the letter. I've given up now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here