Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sevilla not a big draw or sale of tickets wrong

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't want to talk anyone out of going, but there will be zero atmosphere. It's a pre-season friendly played between teams with no connection in a stadium that will be at least 75% empty.

Have you not been to a pre-season friendly before?

Chelsea game had it's moments a couple of years back :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I would rather watch us against a lower Prem side to be honest, Sunderland, West Brom, Swansea etc..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to it personally, atmosphere or no atmosphere. I am expecting Sevilla to play like an improved version of Gus Poyet's Brighton and bring a tear to my eye about the way it all ended.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
May have already been asked, but does free travel still apply for this game?

Travel NOT included.

Sunny August afternoon (East stand), a few beers, my first chance to see any new signings, no stress about losing, what's not to like. I am taking the whole family, daughters first trip to the Amex.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not going purely because there isn't going to be much of note to watch. If we had have made a couple of big name marquee signings then I think people would have bought tickets.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm going because the junior Bobkins wanted to go along and see the current Europa League winners play their team. Anything that keeps them interesting in all things BHA, when there is so much 'glamour' shoved in their faces from the Premier League and other European leagues, is fine with me.

Having not been to a game at the Amex for a while, I'm looking forward to going back, even if it is a friendly. Finally, it is the day before the youngest Bobkin boy goes in for a hernia op, so anything that will take his mind off that is a good thing in my book.

My outlook, I guess, helps because I'm not someone that gets hung up on attendances :shrug:

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
After travelling down from Manchester (250+ miles) to the Amex for pretty much every game last year and sit through the utter dross we witnessed, I had to force myself to buy a season ticket this year. I'm certainly not bothering with any pre season friendlies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chelsea game had it's moments a couple of years back :shrug:

Indeed. Are you really suggesting that was a typical pre-season game though?

Is the WSU not available to sale to us because, like Chelsea, Sevilla are bringing thousands of their fans who will be accommodated there?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can see why people go to friendlies - if you just want a couple of beers and a game or football or to get the kids out of the house or get away from the wife or something like that.

I used to go when I was a teenager because I was young and keen, but now I have so many other things to do that are better than watching a training game played at 80% intensity that's it's not worth my time or money.

I'll still go to league games if we're total dogshit because it matters to me and I think my support helps in competitive games. For a training game it doesn't matter if anyone watches or not. Some of the moaning on the friendly match threads has been ridiculous. The players might be knackered because they've done heavy training sessions leading up to the game, or the manager might be experimenting.

You just can't take it too seriously.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Absolutely cannot fathom this. If we follow the Albion for the best part of a lifetime we will all get to see the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool Spurs, United/City in competitive games, regardless of our league success. We won't see the Albion play the majority of top European clubs - to me this is a real treat (as was the game against Villarreal a few years back, despite them coming off a poor couple of years).

Fair play some people don't do friendlies, but I do think given the excellent value and the fact we can sell a lot of tickets for friendlies as proven in the past, this does say something about the mentality of the English football fan.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Regardless of the URGE, I suspect there will be a late SURGE of ticket-buying for this one.

I'm still in that "shall we, shan't we?" camp and will probably decide on Sunday morning.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Regardless of the URGE, I suspect there will be a late SURGE of ticket-buying for this one.

I'm still in that "shall we, shan't we?" camp and will probably decide on Sunday morning.

If the club announce the signing of Bobby Zamora today i will get a ticket. Thats pretty much the only thing that would encourage me to buy one.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
After travelling down from Manchester (250+ miles) to the Amex for pretty much every game last year and sit through the utter dross we witnessed, I had to force myself to buy a season ticket this year. I'm certainly not bothering with any pre season friendlies.

The club need to open their eyes. A lot of people i know were very undecided about renewing but most did in the end.Another poor season and they won't renew.non of them including me are going to this but 3 seasons ago all 10 of us would have been there.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I looked at booking some tickets a couple of weeks back. Saw that only the west lower was being sold, thought about it, remembered Southampton last year, shuddered, and decided to wait and see how the signings panned out. Decided to go camping instead and keep my powder dry for the Forest game.
If the club really thought they would sell big on this on the back of last season and without any marquee signings then they really have become complacent as far as the fans are concerned. The down side is that they probably won't risk getting such high profile opposition again for future pre-seasons assuming that it actually costs us to host such teams. I don't know if that is the case or not.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
The club need to open their eyes. A lot of people i know were very undecided about renewing but most did in the end.Another poor season and they won't renew.non of them including me are going to this but 3 seasons ago all 10 of us would have been there.

That is exactly my position. Another season like last and i will not renew, and it looks to have started that way judging by our recruitment. It's not the poor football to be honest, i've been a season ticket through relagation seasons in the past and it has not bothered me. It's the lack of ambition the club is showing. The lack of attention to the playing staff. We could and should be doing better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here