Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test - England vs Australia - Lords

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What a load of shit. No fight or belief whatsoever. Bring on Bairstow for the next Test at the least.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I have no words for this anymore. Utter embarrassment, that doesn't even cover it... I feared this before the series started.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is comedy gold, how England can chuck their wickets away on what is still a very good pitch is quite remarkable. I fully expect someone to walk into their wicket next. Absolute shambles and this, a week after looking like we could compete.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Morgan, Bairstow & Taylor all come into the reckoning now.

Bell, Ballance & Lyth will all be fortunate to escape the axe now.

With no natural opener to come in unless they go for Hales but I'm not sure his the answer, they may toy with the idea of Root opening with Cook. Then who bats 3? We seem to have players more suited for number five. Some big decisions needed before Edgbaston my feeling is they will keep Bell and Ballance with Lyth the one to make way.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've had three texts from my Aussie mate this afternoon, I daren't open the last one. I knew I'd live to regret those gloating ones last week

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
P
Morgan, Bairstow & Taylor all come into the reckoning now.

Bell, Ballance & Lyth will all be fortunate to escape the axe now.

With no natural opener to come in unless they go for Hales but I'm not sure his the answer, they may toy with the idea of Root opening with Cook. Then who bats 3? We seem to have players more suited for number five. Some big decisions needed before Edgbaston my feeling is they will keep Bell and Ballance with Lyth the one to make way.

I agree with most of that, I'd move Ali back to open, bring in Taylor, Bairstow and Peterson ( I don't give a poo that he's upset the stripey ties) at least he's got balls.
The Aussies have Warner playing, in my view his sins outweigh KP's. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here