Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

behind-closed-doors friendly against Southampton today.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm blaming Greer for the goal. Suspect he wasn't on the pitch at the time but that's not the point. His legs have gone. Now we have a striker replacing him with some quality would be my priority.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Beram Kayal put in a solid display in central midfield and played a superb ball into the path of Sam Baldock, but the forward was intercepted and March fired a follow-up strike over the crossbar.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...match-report-2549680.aspx#W8OkjgUq2GWdp2d3.99

Same pattern of missed shots from most and blocked shots from Lualua. lack of composure and lack of guile?

I wonder if a bit of confidence and special coaching can improve our existing players?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
First half team was: Walton; Rosenior, Dunk, Rea, Bong; Kayal, March, LuaLua, Baldock; Hemed, Stephens.

As things stand is that our strongest XI minus Stockdale/Greer?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
watching the video of the goal the first thing that strikes me is the Saints players have an extra yard of pace over our lot

From 24 seconds of a pre-season training ground trot-around against a top 10 PL team ? Not sure I'm overly concerned.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
watching the video of the goal the first thing that strikes me is the Saints players have an extra yard of pace over our lot

I saw it is a gap in our left sided defensive midfield. Norwich exploited it in our visit to Carrow Road last season.

Flaw in the 4-3-3 system anyway. Comes to grief after we score mostly.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
First half team was: Walton; Rosenior, Dunk, Rea, Bong; Kayal, March, LuaLua, Baldock; Hemed, Stephens.

That line-up suggests Stephens played up front with Hemed, with Baldock on the left of midfield. I'm assuming we didn't actually set up that way? :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I think it is. We obviously need a quality CB to challenge Dunk & Greer and a quality striker to challenge Balders & Hemed. I'd like to think that both March & LuaLua will have massive competition for their places on the flanks come the Forest game and I don't mean from Balders & Calde! Hopefully we'll stick to a traditional 4-4-2 without going too defensive as I believe Kayal & Stephens (and the 4 other CM's vying for their starting berths) can own the middle of the pitch against most teams so we won't need strikers dropping deep to help.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What was the line up 2nd half anybody know? Any trialists playing?

No trialists ( published )

ALBION (second half): Maenpaa; Hunt, Bruno, Dallison, Chicksen; Calderon, Ince, Holla, Starkey; O’Grady, Colunga.

Greer, Crofts, JFC not involved.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks a very much 2nd rated team of fringe players for 2nd half. Wonder if there will be any trialists against Lewes as often happens with friendlies against non league teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here