Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Greatest Ricky Ponting Ashes Moments

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I was at the final day of the 2005 ashes when bowler Shaun Tait took some merciless stick on the boundary. Told in no uncertain terms how shite he was. He asked Ponting to let him field further in and Ponting laughed at him and told him basically to grow a pair and get back on the rope. Enjoyed that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I quite enjoyed it when he dropped an absolute DOLLY of a catch off Hopkinson in the warm match against Sussex in 2009, Hopkinson went on to make a ton.

Marvellous Scenes, was a blazing hot couple of days and Ricky got reminded of his faux pas on a fairly regular basis as the game went on. :lolol:

I also remember quite a few of the Aussie Supporters barracking Brett Lee, never did find out what that was about......???

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I will just throw in another one 2nd Test 2005 series. Australia one nil up. 30 minutes earlier Glenn McGrath steps on a rogue ball and is out of the test.

Ricky wins the toss on a road of a pitch.......

"We'll have a bowl":dunce:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Marvellous Scenes, was a blazing hot couple of days and Ricky got reminded of his faux pas on a fairly regular basis as the game went on. :lolol:

I also remember quite a few of the Aussie Supporters barracking Brett Lee, never did find out what that was about......???

Brett Lee was a good laugh when he was fielding in front of the SW stand, giving as good as he got. I remember there was a woman offering to show him her tits and he struggled to concentrate on the match.

There was also a bloke who was so SMASHED he could barely walk. Every time he came back with some beers there was a collective "oooooh" as he tried to successfully negotiate his way back to his seat without spilling anything (he failed every time).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brilliant cricketer, hard as nails competitor, and decent bloke from all I've seen.

If he'd been English, we'd have adored him.

All that. But he was also great entertainment for Aussie bashing.

Stuart Law has most reason to dislike the mention of his name. I watched the Test that he and Ricky made their debuts in. Having fallen just shy of a century, Ponting retained his place. Law, despite making a 50, was dropped to give the injured Boon a final chance. I think Boon made a ton in the following match. I don't think Law played for Australia again.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
All that. But he was also great entertainment for Aussie bashing.

Stuart Law has most reason to dislike the mention of his name. I watched the Test that he and Ricky made their debuts in. Having fallen just shy of a century, Ponting retained his place. Law, despite making a 50, was dropped to give the injured Boon a final chance. I think Boon made a ton in the following match. I don't think Law played for Australia again.

If you a Sussex Fan then it is Stuart BLOODY Law thanks very much, he scored thousands of runs against us.

Mr Law's Finest Hour was getting Sawn Off at the 2006 C&G Final at Lords, LBW off a massive inside edge. :clap:

I seem to remember we went on to win - such a shame....:thumbsup:

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Brett Lee was a good laugh when he was fielding in front of the SW stand, giving as good as he got. I remember there was a woman offering to show him her tits and he struggled to concentrate on the match.

There was also a bloke who was so SMASHED he could barely walk. Every time he came back with some beers there was a collective "oooooh" as he tried to successfully negotiate his way back to his seat without spilling anything (he failed every time).
We must have been sitting close to each other. I remember two lads at the end of our row about 12 or 13 years old. The Aussie girl stood up and of course got the chorus of get your tits out for the lads. She being really tanked up duly obliged. The look on the two kids faces having probably seen their first naked breasts was a joy to behold.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will just throw in another one 2nd Test 2005 series. Australia one nil up. 30 minutes earlier Glenn McGrath steps on a rogue ball and is out of the test.

Ricky wins the toss on a road of a pitch.......

"We'll have a bowl":dunce:

Pointing played for my local side Waldron once against a Dutch touring 11. Was on 93 with 5 overs to go and blocked out - when asked why he didn't go for the century he said he didn't realise they'd declare at tea! Talk was that he was batting for his average...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here