Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Confident or not

el punal

I just want to see some decent football instead of the crap we had to endure last season

Watched 28 Albion matches last season and the only memorable ones . . . Fulham (away), Ipswich, Leeds and Derby (home). That's it, in a turgid season of nothingness. Bring on 2015/16 season and hope for better and brighter things.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think all their clubs have their own problems.

1 07.08.2015 Nottingham Forest home FFP limitations, but they had a good team at the Amex the season before last
2 15.08.2015 Fulham away Fulham need to improve their home form
3 18.08.2015 Huddersfield Town away Terriers have a difficult start and they must see this as one of the easier games
4 22.08.2015 Blackburn Rovers home FFP limitations, but they have Gestede, although Rhodes may still be injured
5 29.08.2015 Ipswich Town away Pleased with a draw there
6 12.09.2015 Hull City home Still got a good team

After that lot of games, we might have some idea if we will struggle or not? DDLWLL = 5 pts Last season = 17 pts 18th.

I think we could use a speed merchant to give the opposition something to worry about. Also, someone to fill the role of Lingard/Tex/Barnes in the second deep striker role.

But I think all clubs except perhaps Hull and Derby are short of one of two players.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I just want to see some decent football instead of the crap we had to endure last season

Unfortunately, our current manager was responsible for 50% of that crap. Still, new season-new beginnings and all that.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Our problem last season was creating chances for the strikers and this problem hasn't been addressed yet. Therefore, other than possibly Rotherham, I can't see many teams our current squad would finish above. However, if the club push the boat out and sign some top quality wingers and attacking midfielders, then we may have a small chance of finishing in the top half.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
As others have said our problems last year stemmed, in the main, from an inability to create and score goals and as it stands that problem is yet to be addressed. I don't think we will be in relegation trouble just because we will be better organised come season start but unless some decent quality forward additions ( to add to Hemed) are forthcoming shortly then a season of lower mid table awaits.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The players we have brought in so far are steady without being spectacular. The team still lacks real quality and game changers. At the moment we have a bottom half team.

Got a feeling we might see one or two season long loans deals taking place once Premier league clubs have named their 25 man squads in Aug.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Watched 28 Albion matches last season and the only memorable ones . . . Fulham (away), Ipswich, Leeds and Derby (home). That's it, in a turgid season of nothingness. Bring on 2015/16 season and hope for better and brighter things.
Shame you missed Birmingham at home.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Silly me! Thanks for reminding me. I should have remembered as I took my six year old grandson to the game and he (and I) were amazed at the number of goals (4-3). I suppose it slipped my mind because of how sloppy our defence was that day. :blush:

Arsenal Cup game was pretty good too..

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
With the new season round the corner..How confident are you that we will be up amongst the top six come May 2016......I have my doubts about even a top half finish unless we sign at least one, preferably two, 20 plus a season goalscorers.. CH needs to understand that to win we need to score more goals than the opposition ??
I notice CH has already signed a striker (long term target) has plugged the holes LB and RB and is in the transfer market for wingers. Or did you miss that?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Silly me! Thanks for reminding me. I should have remembered as I took my six year old grandson to the game and he (and I) were amazed at the number of goals (4-3). I suppose it slipped my mind because of how sloppy our defence was that day. :blush:

One of my favourite games at the AMEX, and for me a bright spot in last season's dire offering.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The club are doing a fine job at keeping expectations low for the coming season. I think Rosenior will do well for us though.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Before the start of last season I had us top half, maybe top six. I think it best that I wait and see where we are after 10 games before saying anything this season!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Confidence low with the current squad.

But confidence high that we will get the 6 signings we still need. We shall see.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here